Dewalt 20v compact drill DCD771C2

Javier

Heres the review of the dewalt 20v $99 drill. Took me forever to make because an android update ruined the hd camera on my nexus 4 so I had to use an older camera

had to make a separate review of the charger because it was so different than the original

• Like 2

Great review, That thing is long!!!!! And they market it as compact? Also, you made me start thinking, DeWalt markets themselves as "Professional Tools" Why do they need/want to sell a cheaper, lower, homeowner grade tool, when they have Blackand decker, bostich, porter cable to do that for them............

I can understand why dewalt would want to make a budget drill so people on a budget can get their hands on one. Kind of like how Porsche has the boxster. Not everyone can afford a 911 or even a carrera.

Even apple did the same thing with the iPhone 5c

I do agree with you on the whole stanley b&d many brands issue

I can understand why dewalt would want to make a budget drill so people on a budget can get their hands on one. Kind of like how Porsche has the boxster. Not everyone can afford a 911 or even a carrera.

Even apple did the same thing with the iPhone 5c

I do agree with you on the whole stanley b&d many brands issue

Yeah I really dont understand Stanley b&d, i dont believe they just added bostich??

The Milwaukee person in me was hoping it would burst into fire, but its a capable drill from all the tests you put it through. The bummer is the crappy charger if it was the regular charger you could pick up some HC capacity batteries along with some bare tools too expand the system. 2 Hours is a pretty long wait even for a diyer using a heavy draw tool like a recip saw or circular saw. Milwaukee can't get the M18 drill special down to 99 bucks without cutting it down to one battery. To be honest I think Ryobi is they way to go for most Diyers they have a ton of power tools and yard tools

• Like 2

Beats the crud outta me Javier. I'm still trying to figure this thing out since I bought it in May!!!! I bought my girlfriend the new Mini and she loves it and calls my 4S a dinosaur!

the new mini iPads are awesome. I've always been an android guy but those apples are tempting 

Good job and a nice review.

thanks bro

The Milwaukee person in me was hoping it would burst into fire, but its a capable drill from all the tests you put it through. The bummer is the crappy charger if it was the regular charger you could pick up some HC capacity batteries along with some bare tools too expand the system. 2 Hours is a pretty long wait even for a diyer using a heavy draw tool like a recip saw or circular saw. Milwaukee can't get the M18 drill special down to 99 bucks without cutting it down to one battery. To be honest I think Ryobi is they way to go for most Diyers they have a ton of power tools and yard tools

lol you thought it would burst in to flames

I would rather dewalt add $20 to the price tag for a grand total of $119 and include the regular fast charger as the included charger is the only thing bringing the whole package down. If I was keeping this drill my first goal would be to upgrade to the better charger. I can deal with 2x 1.3ah batteries

I'm a firm believer in upholding A reputation of quality and consequently feel Dewalt is headed down a slippery slobe if they get aren't careful.

It takes a lot longer to build a quality reputation than it does to lose it. If I were Dewalt, I'd leave the DIY market to PC.

• Like 1

lol you thought it would burst in to flames

I would rather dewalt add $20 to the price tag for a grand total of $119 and include the regular fast charger as the included charger is the only thing bringing the whole package down. If I was keeping this drill my first goal would be to upgrade to the better charger. I can deal with 2x 1.3ah batteries

The only problem is buying the fast charger at retail is 70 bucks it's not as bad if you jump on ebay they are 30 dollars or less all day long for new ones! SBD did a step up with the new Porter Cable 20v line.

I'm a firm believer in upholding A reputation of quality and consequently feel Dewalt is headed down a slippery slobe if they get aren't careful.

It takes a lot longer to build a quality reputation than it does to lose it. If I were Dewalt, I'd leave the DIY market to PC.

Thank you! Yes i am biased, But i guarantee you Milwaukee would never ever make a lower grade cheaper homeowner tool for sale. It would not happen.

It seems like Samsung Galaxy phones get all the cool stuff first. Also I'm over cell phone contracts so I will buy the phone outright and Iphones are just stupidly expensive 650 bucks for a 16 gig Iphone 5s. I probably will get a nexus 5 its only 349 without a contract.

Excellent choice. I was going to upgrade my nexus 4 to the 5 but even though the phone is better there's not enough for an upgrade for me. I think I would if the nexus 5 was the exact replica of the lg g2 with its larger 5.2" screen. Now if I didn't already have the nexus 4 I would be all over the nexus 5

I always wanted an iPhone except for those puny screens. Also the 2 year overhauls get old quick. It's hard to get excited for this years newest iPhone when it looks just like last year's

Excellent choice. I was going to upgrade my nexus 4 to the 5 but even though the phone is better there's not enough for an upgrade for me. I think I would if the nexus 5 was the exact replica of the lg g2 with its larger 5.2" screen. Now if I didn't already have the nexus 4 I would be all over the nexus 5

I always wanted an iPhone except for those puny screens. Also the 2 year overhauls get old quick. It's hard to get excited for this years newest iPhone when it looks just like last year's

I have the lg g2...i really like the screen but i dropped it and cracked the hell out of it.

the new mini iPads are awesome. I've always been an android guy but those apples are tempting thanks bro

Yeah Samantha loves her new mini I bought her and I was always and android guy myself until I decided to give the ipad a whirl. I am still thinking of going back though because I can't hotspot my iphone like I could with my old droid. Still I have to make a video and send one out.

Yeah Samantha loves her new mini I bought her and I was always and android guy myself until I decided to give the ipad a whirl. I am still thinking of going back though because I can't hotspot my iphone like I could with my old droid. Still I have to make a video and send one out.

Jailbreaking is your friend look into mywi and TetherMe

I have the lg g2...i really like the screen but i dropped it and cracked the hell out of it.

A case is a must for todays high end phones. Except for the plastic on the sides, my nexus 4 is all glass and I have the official lg bumper case. I've dropped my phone so many times and nothings ever happened thank God. Every time it falls, it falls in slow motion yet I can never catch it in time lol. I would suggest a tpu case for your next phone, those are very thin and form fitting yet flexible and offer plenty protection. I had some of those on my previous