Santa is better late then never!!!!!

YukonPlumber

Well the excitement was short lived, I took the 12v drill out of the box and pulled the trigger and she smoked like it was on fire and got very hot. So this was a dud, everything els seems ok except I'm wondering if the brushless 18v impact is suppose to sound kinda rough? That's the best way to describe the sound. Almost like a crackling sound, this normal? I've never had brushless before and my old dewalt was pretty quite.

The fuel m18 impact sounds not high pitched but more rough like crackling sound.

Hmmm its funny you say that, my old 20v dewalt impact that i sold would crackle sometimes. it sounded like it was coming from an area inside of the vent area,  but it still worked like a charm. I would not worry about, make sure to keep and eye on it, does it have good power and drive screws and what not ok? 

ya the impact sounds sooooooo much better after using it a few times with some screws, must of just been some grease.  Now the 12v drill isn't smoking anymore but it wont let me throttle the speed with the trigger, if i pull slow the battery level indicator just flashes and nothing, if i pull the trigger fast it works.

I picked them up for pure convience thinking they would be smaller and sometimes be easier to carry around, but in all honesty side by side the 12v is literally 1/4" shorter.  I might keep the impact.  Now i just need to order some 4.0 12v batteries for the impact/hackzall.

I picked them up for pure convience thinking they would be smaller and sometimes be easier to carry around, but in all honesty side by side the 12v is literally 1/4" shorter.  I might keep the impact.  Now i just need to order some 4.0 12v batteries for the impact/hackzall.

I do agree the 12v drill, especially with a 4.0 battery on is the size of a small 18v, it does pack lots of power and beats most brushed 18vs. Alot of people love that impact. I know Harold has it, maybe Chrisk, Dr? Not sure...but that may be a good choice to keep that.

• 1 month later...