Another Chicagoland tool nut

PT Custom

Hello everyone. I have been reading TIA and watching on YouTube for a few months now

Thought I would join the forum. I work throughout Chicagoland but live south of the city

I own a business that installs custom window treatments for decorators and designers. Primarily Plantation Shutters. But also blinds and drapes and shades as well as hanging mirrors and artwork. So I use tools all day everyday in a great variety of applications Most often I use my Panasonic 14.4 lithium ion drill as well as laser levels and Fein Multumaster and of course a variety of hand tools I am always curious what others do with their tools and how often they use them. Look forward to getting to know some of you fellow " tool people"

I install hundreds of 2 1/4 trim head screws and I find Panasonic to have the best power/ weight ratio and the best trigger feel. I have been using Panasonic cordless for about 12 years. I had three NiMH drill drivers and a hammer drill ( all 15.6 volt). Last year I got the lithium 14.4 drill

I love it. Much lighter than the NiMh and the same 390 inch lbs of torque

By the way, I have never gone to impact drivers for a reason only fellow tool geeks could appreciate

I don't like how noisy they are!

I work only inside homes, usually occupied and very high end, so I like to keep the noise to a minimum. For the same reason I use an air tank system instead of a noisy compressor for pneumatic nailers/pinners