Milwaukee Fuel Impact Driver

firefighter4187

Whats your guys prediction, i never have gotten around to buying this, do you guys think we will see a new one at the symposium this year? Should i hold off until maybe a new one comes out, my fuel drill is doing everything an impact does so i can go without and impact for awhile.

It might be a little too early to see an updated model, but who knows with Milwaukee they are always doing crazy things. I would like too see better Led's on the Impacts and Drills that's one thing Dewalt has really done with with their new brushless drills and impacts.

I highly doubt they would update the fuel impact anytime soon. Except for the 3 ring led, there isn't much they can do to improve. I have it and I would say go for it. It's definitely way faster than the dewalt original brushed 20v impact driver

I'm with Javier on that Chase. My M18 Fuel impact is an unbelievably well made tool. The power is amazing, the three speed/torque settings are phenomenal and the grip is rubbery and solid and with the XC packs it's still pretty light. I am not a fan of the Hammer believe it or not! Great drill, no question there, but it is wicked heavy, kinda like Dewalt's three speed. I think the Milwaukee is a better tool, NO QUESTION ABOUT IT in the Hammer category as I've used both but...it is still a really heavy tool and tall. I guess I like compact drills. I will say, if I had to choose between the two I would take the Milwaukee Fuel hammer before the Dewalt. But as I have gotten off topic, if the tool is serving your purposes why spend the extra cash but you will LOVE the impact if you get it. Absolutely awesome machine.

Would like to see Milwaukee come out with a 20V DRILL with high RPM for drilling cabinets.Need at least 2000rpm's

actually Milwaukee fuel hammer drill is actually faster than the dewalt. Check out the tested rpm's from protoolreviews

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/cordless-18v-hammer-drills-shootout/6761

The mighty dcd985 with its claimed 2000 rpms top speed came up as 1790 rpms

The Milwaukee fuel hammer drill was pretty close to it's rated rpm 1875 as 1810 tested.

If you're choosing a drill solely on rpm's I would suggest the hilti as it was tested at 2145 rpm or a corded drill

Me too DR me too. Big honk in' pole barn and some land.of course now that I'm dreaming I would have several acres, some horses. In the barn a whole section just for a lathe (which by the way I don't know how to use yet) and for making joinery. Man I have to take some classes. I'm self taught on everything thus far!

Me too DR me too. Big honk in' pole barn and some land.of course now that I'm dreaming I would have several acres, some horses. In the barn a whole section just for a lathe (which by the way I don't know how to use yet) and for making joinery. Man I have to take some classes. I'm self taught on everything thus far!

Lathes aren't too hard to learn how to use. I learned how when I was 15.

I think that it is fun. The high school metalworking class here has some good sized jet lathes that I have used. My grandpa also has a smaller benchtop one that he uses to make things for his truck or something small. He is the kind of person to make something before he buys it.

actually Milwaukee fuel hammer drill is actually faster than the dewalt. Check out the tested rpm's from protoolreviews

http://www.protoolreviews.com/tools/power/cordless/drills-drivers-cordless/cordless-18v-hammer-drills-shootout/6761

The mighty dcd985 with its claimed 2000 rpms top speed came up as 1790 rpms

The Milwaukee fuel hammer drill was pretty close to it's rated rpm 1875 as 1810 tested.

If you're choosing a drill solely on rpm's I would suggest the hilti as it was tested at 2145 rpm or a corded drill

This test is a good reason why Dewalt doesn't publish a Torque rating. Tool buyers purchase tools based on comparing these ratings when in fact, published torque rating do not necessarily equate to faster application speed (same with RPM). These torque ratings can also be manipulated by manufacturers so that they can publish a torque ratings 20 in/lbs above a competitor and thus sell more drills to the uneducated tool buyer. According to the tests, Milwaukee has 620 in/lbs of torque and the Dewalt has 504 in/lbs, then why is the Dewalt able to beat the Milwaukee in all of the wood drilling tests? (1-1/2" hold saw Dewalt - 20.8 seconds Milwaukee - 29.1 seconds) See self feed bits too. 

The UWO that Dewalt publishes is Dewalts attempt at combining the RPM and Torque specs into a unit of measurement that actually equates to application speed. Right or Wrong, they choose to do this to avoid getting in specification fights with competitors who can very easily print a higher torque rating on a box and thus claim that their drill has more power. 

@ gatorb88

My entire comment had to do with rpm's. Also the tested rpm's are not my findings. If you don't like the numbers take it up with protoolreviews as I didn't come up with those numbers.

I had both drills in my possession at one time and honestly I expected the dewalt to turn the chuck faster than the Milwaukee but I didn't notice any difference. The info from ptr backed up what my eyes noticed.

Is the dewalt the clear winner in the wood large hole saw test? Absolutely!

Is the Milwaukee the clear winner at hammer drilling? Absolutely!

Each one has its strengths. Is one drill better than the other overall? No

If you were thinking I was going to reply with something like "oh the Milwaukee hammer drill is way better than the dewalt hammer drill" you are mistaken.

If someone on this forum asked about the dcd985, I would have no problem recommending it. I used to own it and that thing is a beast, it never let me down.

You probably didn't expect me to give dewalt a compliment. Although I do prefer Milwaukee, there are plenty of areas where dewalt leads the way.