Tool guyd getting hot

firefighter4187

If anyone has seen, its gotton a little hot with the tool guyd boys, thanks dan for responding!

Chris says:

I rarely go over to TIA anymore, the whole forum is full of Milwaukee homers and more then half of them barely use their tools and just collect them for the hell of it… The reviews are long but 3/4 of it are Dan and Eric talking nonsense… I like Concord Carpenter and here the most because Stuart talk more about the tool itself and not how they cleaned their garage a few days ago…. The Milwaukee hand tool line being the best hand tool line is a joke and the Klien multimeter is FAR from being a good meter, get yourself a Fluke and be done with it

• Chris do you have the MM500 multimeter? You know its not good because you have tested it? What other multimeter for $50 is as rugged and simple to use? A fluke? Sure Fluke is good but it comes at a high high cost and will not survive the harsh conditions like the mm500. As for the Milwaukee hand tool line have you used them? What don’t you like? I just had a HVAC tech yesterday fixing my furnace that told me how much he liked the Milwaukee hand tool line and thats all his and his crew uses. We don’t just pull crap from our ass. Klein makes great hand tools also but this year they weren’t as innovative as big red. For 2013 Milwaukee had the most innovative best hand tools in our opinion and also the professionals that we spoke with. Milwaukee and Dewalt are the top 2 most popular tool companies right now and they produce the most new power tools which is why you see them a lot on TIA. Who releases more tools than Milwaukee right now? You are entitled to your opinion but before you say the Milwaukee hand tool line and mm500 is a joke maybe you should use them and talk to some industry professionals like we did to get a clearer picture.

At TIA we do not feed you BS that the manufactures push onto us so we can get advertising deals. Some people like our garage banter and all we are is 2 guys who love tools talking about them. We don’t claim to be pros but we work with plenty of them to get a good industry picture.

• Chase Rogers says:

Thanks for clearing that up Dan, I dont understand why you people do not understand, Milwaukee is one of the only company that brought huge things to the table for 2013!!! Brushless saws, impacts that have power of air tools, cordless grinders that dont bog down? Big power M12 tools, and tons of trade oriented tools that many others donot offer like dewalt, bosch, makita etc, now for the hand tools, Milwaukee is not just releasing a basic tounge and groove plier of needle nose, they go though it and put innovation in it, they dont just slap some red handles on it and call it theres. Klein is a great company that produces quality tools, but Milwaukee is taking the basics and making it better, oh and one thing, im 16 years old, and i use my tools day in day out while going through school in my light duty construction business, so no i dont collect tools for the hell of it, they make my money.

• Like 1

I noticed ToolGuyd had TIA Awards article.  I didn't read the comments.  That was very mean of this Chris author.  To start name calling and say the forums are full of Milwaukee Homers.  Is he saying that because he is jealous of TIA's success.  Or that TIA has more and more people joining the forums.  If you choose to not read the forums or think you can't relate to a tool reviews so be it.  But to name call and slam them to your readers is VERY childish and sad.  

Well guys, I'd like to say "unbelievable" but there is no way to control the thoughts and opinions of any one person. Chris (NOT the COOL Chris...ME), clearly has an opinion. No way to change it, he is unfortunately entitled to it and he clearly wants to express it in the most child like manner he can summon. Too bad. I've read his articles here and participated too so I am surprised to hear of his unfortunate and clearly juvenile badgering of this site and it's members. Personally I LOVE my Milwaukee tools. I also have Craftsman, Porter Cable (thanks TiA!), Hitachi, Bosch, Dewalt, Ridgid and Ryobi and let us not forget Festool. Clearly Festool is the best...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. I'm not a pro, I don't work in the trades. But I do know my way around my shop and have been self learning electrical and some plumbing (thanks little brother). My tools don't get used as much as 07Sierra's, I guess, but I think they get used by someone who knows them. So I think from my own perspective and the information I have gathered from TiA members post, non pro and pro alike, this site is not biased. I watch Eric and Dan's video reviews and they are clearly not biased. So maybe 07Sierra (Chris) should calm his jets and look around. Who knows maybe he's upset he didn't win this year. Maybe he stubbed his toe before typing. Maybe he should keep his judgements to himself.

• Like 1

Some of chris's posts on here regarding dewalt have been so ridiculous one would think he is a shill. He has some nerve calling out the Milwaukee fan boys when he is probably worse. And LOL at liking the concord carpenter better. I take everything that guys says with a grain of salt. I can't help but wonder if he or the manufacturers pay check is giving their opinion.

Here is the Proto Impact Review from A Concord Carpenter:

http://www.aconcordcarpenter.com/proto-½-inch-air-impact-wrench-j150wp.html

Here is one from Toolbox Buzz:

http://www.toolboxbuzz.com/automotive/proto-12-drive-air-impact-wrench-review-model-j150wp/

TBB goes into a little more detail, but notice the chrome sockets in the pics. 

On toolguyd there are two chris's, neither of them is the Chrisk from here although I have seen his comments on there. Anyways one of those chris guys is a dewalt fanatic and very anti Milwaukee. I remember Stuart made an article on I believe some Ingersoll rand cordless power tools and this chris guy turned it around and started his negative Milwaukee rant when the article had nothing to do with Milwaukee. This guy is nuts. Then on another article I believe it was about porter cable 20v tools and he turned it around about how the "sanyo" batteries are better batteries than Milwaukee's.

I know exactly where he got that info, he got that garbage from the dewalt forums

On toolguyd there are two chris's, neither of them is the Chrisk from here although I have seen his comments on there. Anyways one of those chris guys is a dewalt fanatic and very anti Milwaukee. I remember Stuart made an article on I believe some Ingersoll rand cordless power tools and this chris guy turned it around and started his negative Milwaukee rant when the article had nothing to do with Milwaukee. This guy is nuts. Then on another article I believe it was about porter cable 20v tools and he turned it around about how the "sanyo" batteries are better batteries than Milwaukee's.

I know exactly where he got that info, he got that garbage from the dewalt forums

Javier, I am ChrisK on Toolguyd. The Chris on Toolguyd is the 07Sierra guy here. I have posted on Toolguyd but use the same id

I smell a little bit of burning going on up in here

Stewert (Toolguyd) and Dan are friends. Rest assured none of the TIA slamming is on his account. Stewert and Dan and Eric have different review styles that reflect their media formats. Dan and Eric focus more on video. They rag on each other and do a great job of keeping reviews entertaining as well as informative.

Stewy focuses more on writing and thus takes a more scientific approach to reviews. He's very thorough and consequently, video tend to be informative, but less than entertaining.

There are several quality tool blogs. TIA is my home and I'm proud to be affiliated. Dan and Eric are great guys and have been very good to me. I read other blogs and I really like Toolguyd, Stewart does a great job.

Chris obviously has the red ass, or perhaps yellow ass is the better term, from his time here. I talk a lot of shit about Dewalt, but it's almost always just for grins to poke at someone. Guess his sense of humor and mine are a little different, but hey, different strokes for different folks.

I'm sorry he feels that way. I have a lot of fun here as my 3,000+ posts should indicate, and never intended to alienate a member because they like Dewalt tools. I grew up with Dewalt, still own Dewalt tools, and feel the make a quality product. As I said, I just rag on them sometimes for shiggles.

If he is who We think he is, he'd better look real hard before calling anyone out on being a foamer, flamer, or any other term accusing someone of being too allegiant to one brand. He acted like Raymond Dewalt's grand boy or something.

It's people like him that keep me away from owners group forums. I want neither a company mans nor zealotous fanboys "opinion". Most everybody has their favorite brand, and will develop a certain amount of loyalty to that company based on their experiences. ALL companies have have their pros and cons, folks that are extreme in their brand loyalty are blinded to this fact and deny themselves better products for their narrow mind.

I happen to like Dan and Erics videos because of the banter and goofing off. They act like normal guys, just a couple of buddies telling you their opinion. Are they the most technologically indepth? No. Do they script out a review? No. We've all seen and read reviews that are obviously paid for. Do Eric and Dan come off like that? No. They're all over the place, which I doubt any company would pay much for. Keep it real guys.

• Like 1

It's people like him that keep me away from owners group forums. I want neither a company mans nor zealotous fanboys "opinion". Most everybody has their favorite brand, and will develop a certain amount of loyalty to that company based on their experiences. ALL companies have have their pros and cons, folks that are extreme in their brand loyalty are blinded to this fact and deny themselves better products for their narrow mind.

I happen to like Dan and Erics videos because of the banter and goofing off. They act like normal guys, just a couple of buddies telling you their opinion. Are they the most technologically indepth? No. Do they script out a review? No. We've all seen and read reviews that are obviously paid for. Do Eric and Dan come off like that? No. They're all over the place, which I doubt any company would pay much for. Keep it real guys.

This is so true. I have probably have tools from everybody I buy what I like. We all know that all company's put out a turd every now and then It is one of those it seem like a good idea at the time. I have had guy say you have a Ryboi drill yes I do. Someone gave it to me when they first came out and all I can say is that drill has been through hell  and back. It has been in the bottom of a pool dropped from second story windows and it still keeps going. Is it the best drill no, but it dose what it is built to do and that's all I can ask for no more  then that. I have a ton of DeWalt stuff but I'm starting to move over to Milwaukee is it because DeWalt is junk no Milwaukee is making tools that met my needs.

I like my Milwaukee, but like that Multi tool from DeWalt, Blows away the Milwaukee, cant wait to review it, i will get good use out of it. I just think the biggest thing why Milwaukee stands out from the rest is because they are not afraid to try new things, first of the pro tools with brushless tech(yes i know, panasonic, but lack of availability and price keeps them out of the mainstream of pro tools) fuel gauges...Or like the M12 line, taking a hand tool like a pvc cutter or copper cutter and giving it a motor. Atleast thats my opinion why they are on top and in another world than most of the other lines.

I like my Milwaukee, but like that Multi tool from DeWalt, Blows away the Milwaukee, cant wait to review it, i will get good use out of it. I just think the biggest thing why Milwaukee stands out from the rest is because they are not afraid to try new things, first of the pro tools with brushless tech(yes i know, panasonic, but lack of availability and price keeps them out of the mainstream of pro tools) fuel gauges...Or like the M12 line, taking a hand tool like a pvc cutter or copper cutter and giving it a motor. Atleast thats my opinion why they are on top and in another world than most of the other lines.

Makita was actually the first one to put a brushless motor in a cordless tool (impact driver) I think even before Panasonic but I could be wrong. Dewalt actually came out with a brushless cordless tool before Milwaukee did (DCF895 Impact Driver).