Dewalt XR Cordless framing nailer

DR99

Story of my life bro :lol: There are lots of tools I look at and say "Damn, I wish I needed that"

Yeah, I do that all of the time. It kind of bugs me because I'm always thinking "What could I buy for my work to make my job easier?".....And I'm honestly starting to run out of tools that I really need. 

That's sad. lol

I wish it wasn't as expensive. It would be easier to justify if the bare tool was like 200 bucks and the kit was 300-350. I did end up seeing a review and the guy got over 800 on a 4.0 xr pack that's pretty impressive. I wish Milwaukee would come out with something similar but Milwaukee does not have all the rough carpentry tools like air nailers and table saws.

Dang it why couldn't big yellow have this out back when I needed a cordless nail gun. It's way more practical than the Paslode the only thing I wonder is how the Dewalt deals with dense woods like a LVL. I don't see Milwaukee releasing a tool like that. Milwaukee is kinda weird they make routers but don't sell table saws, or they sell a miter saw, but don't sell the nail guns to fasten the items. They have the TTI portfolio to work from it could be that stores don't want a ton of SKU's either. You can't find many bench top tools in local home depot or lowes.

We are advertising up to 700 3" nails on 1 charge (4.0Ah Battery). Obviously it depends what type of material you are shooting into.

that's awesome, my xrp 18g nailer doesn't get anywhere near that.

Do you know when dewalt is releasing a 20v 16 gauge nailer?

• 6 months later...

The wife asked my to hang some pictures on the wall, so i used it as an excuse to go out and buy this framing nailer. Hey never know how long u are going to want those pictures up there for.

That my friend, is constructive thinking!

HEY! Gator, Dewalt rep, Does the new 2 speed gun have upgrades return springs? i have 2 guns here wich have only fired about 30,000 nails each with broken return springs, i am awaiting replacement springs but they are on backorder (not supprising) 

I have not heard of upgraded return springs but they usually don't clue us sales guys into things like that. Sorry about the problem you're having. I hope customer service has taken care of you. The gun is supposed to last about 55K shots before requiring any maintenance.

I still like Paslode gun don't get me wrong. It's just that Dewalt seems really nice on top of the fact you don't need fuel cells, and you don't have the smell or noise that goes along with the Paslode Impulse nailer. Just sucks do deal with the cost and hassle of having fuels around when you want to do a job The Dewalt does away with all of those hassles from the gas powered guns. I wonder if we will see a coil framing nailer next from Dewalt.