New here...obviously...

Kato

Thanks. Those were just for fun and practice but I've done product shoots for companies. Always good to test out lighting techniques and stuff, gives a broader spectrum of skills to match what companies want to see. Plus I love that tap and die set, so I couldn't resist shooting it.

• 2 years later...

I don't care much for pegboard, but I like the paint scheme on yours. My workspace looks a lot different now, everything got rearranged when we bought the new cars and I decided I wanted to park in the garage. IT looks a bit different than this picture too, I moved the grinder over to the left of the bench a couple of days ago...

IMG_0881 a.jpg

IMG_0879.JPG

I was, that's an older photo too. I was making a bed frame for my daughter, it was time for a bigger bed and it was cheaper to build a frame than it was to buy one.

IMG_0884 a.jpg

IMG_0886 a.jpg

On 6/29/2016 at 9:01 AM, Kato said:

I was, that's an older photo too. I was making a bed frame for my daughter, it was time for a bigger bed and it was cheaper to build a frame than it was to buy one.

IMG_0886 a.jpg

Whoah, nice! You find a stain that dark or perhaps make one? Like vinegar and steel wool perhaps? I've actually done this myself once before

We used Varathane Ebony, just threw a couple of coats on the wood to make the shade she wanted. Standard staining technique used...stain, sand, stain again. I think I only did one quick sand between coats, wasn't planning on making it the greatest thing in the world. Just wanted it the color she wanted and for it to be smooth to the touch. It's a darker shade but it went on light, as stains typically do. She wanted it dark so we made sure to do enough coats to satisfy her taste.

It was fun to make, it was cheaper than buying a new frame, and she loves it (this is all that really matters in the end). I want to plug the screw holes but she's against it, she likes it the way it is so who am I to argue...

• Like 1