Curious about Ryobi opinions...

Kato

The waiting really isn't the hardest part, it's the knowing you're going to have to wait...that's what kills me. I hate ordering stuff online, I want to go to the store and get it. Ordering just starts the whole "Well crap, now I'm gonna have to wait" process".

I have a bunch of stuff arriving tomorrow from Home Depot. The M12 ratchet and Jigsaw can't wait to see the ratchet!!!

I have to wait till thursday night to get my m12 jigsaw. Thanks again DR99 but I hate waiting. Not only that but my UPS guy always arrives late at night like at 8:30-9:30pm

So I just got home and my new M12 jig is on the steps! Totally didn't need this (thanks DR :) ).

Hey I save you from paying full price didn't I atleast? :) I can't believe they sold it that cheap 59 bucks for a quality power tool. The bare Ryobi jigsaw is 49 dollars 10 dollars more for a Milwaukee kit sign me up!!

Actually DR, I jest I really cannot believe that price! Unbelievable kit for $59 even if I don't need it it is totally worth the cash! Thanks Dude!

• Like 1

you like rubbing it in, just kidding.

Hey atleast it comes with a tool bag. I love those Milwaukee bags. I hope it's an actual bag and not those zippered rectangle pouches

Yea the pouches kind of blow :(

I have may too many M12 chargers though!! Think Milwaukee will ever have a trade in program? Seriously they are never used that's why I like the idea of bare tools but deals like that with kits that are cheaper than the bare tool what are you supposed to do? :( I use my m12/m18 combo charger for the most part.

No Javier, it's a heavy duty, compact bag with the heavy duty zipper. Small but it'll so the job. I'm going to put it with my other M12 tools in a Bosch lboxx though.

I really like the bag that came with my m12 multi tool so i hope it's as big or bigger than that one. I don't think it can fit in the multitool bag.

Yea the pouches kind of blow :(

I have may too many M12 chargers though!! Think Milwaukee will ever have a trade in program? Seriously they are never used that's why I like the idea of bare tools but deals like that with kits that are cheaper than the bare tool what are you supposed to do? :( I use my m12/m18 combo charger for the most part.

my Milwaukee cash trade in program is craigslist for my extra chargers and batteries

Planer = Wow!!

Of course when stuff is brand new it works great. Got the planer today, took it out of the box, looked at the manual (that's "looked at the manual", not "read the manual"...), put the lowering handle on, plugged it in, grabbed a piece of scrap. Turn planer on, put wood in, planer grabs wood, brain says "yummy, me like, me like!!". Feeds faster than I thought it would, but damn does it work great!! Noisy but not bad, makes a lot of wood chips even with the shop vac attached but where's the fun in using a planer if you can't make a mess.

It's heavier than I thought it'd be too, but that's not an issue for me. Time to figure out a table, if I make one. It actually works great sitting on the rolling table I have, since there's dense foam on the table the planer doesn't move, and I have a piece of wood with rubber feet that holds the table from rolling. I might just make a couple of platforms to clamp to the table, and go that route. I have plenty of room to put the planer somewhere when it's not in use, so making a table might not happen. Might decide to just go with what I have...but then again, I haven't been known to leave things alone, otherwise the garage wouldn't keep going through transformations every day.

Boy, does it make ugly wood look pretty.

I have the Air Strike Nailer and you can't go wrong with it, I use it for replacing baseboards and door trims and it works great, it has great power, it really sinks in the nails flush. Only thing it comes as a bare tool only no battery included, but if you already have 18+ batteries then your set. I work as a maintenance tech in a apartment complex and it's great not having to carry a compressor to an apartment for replacing just a few feet of baseboard. I also have their TEK4 Infrared Thermometer and it also works great.

I just hate dealing with the Craigslist Idiots and low ballers that's all.

I have a love / hate relationship with craigslist, I love using the site and hate dealing with the people. You are absolutely right, they are morons and want everything for nothing.

I could rant all day long about my negative experiences with them but lately what pisses me off the most is when they ask me how much I'm asking for something when the price is right there in several locations. And lately tards will be calling me asking me for stuff I didn't even list, like last week some moron called asking about a honda accord for sale.

As bad as it is, there's still a few normal people that do follow through and atleast craigslist is free.

Planer = Wow!!

Noisy but not bad, makes a lot of wood chips even with the shop vac attached but where's the fun in using a planer if you can't make a mess.

This is not a bad planer but I think if I used mine more then I do I would go for one that has two blades. As for using a shop vac unless you have a large vac they fill up fast.