Thermal image iPhone case

Jeth

It's really cool except I would have rather it used bluetooth and wasn't so attached to the phone. We are already on the Iphone 5s and we all know apple likes to change things up every 2 years. so it's probably unlikely that it will work with an Iphone6. That's my big concern with it I'm sure Flir will update it but what about if you want to upgrade phones for some reason.

Agreed, bluetooth and I will add it needs to be universal. I know a ton of people have iphones but not all of them own 5 or 5s/c and a huge amount own all sorts of androids. Didn't read the article but it would be awesome if it could record video and take pictures instead of just displaying what the sensor sees.

I actually read the article too and am thinking about getting one for my work. Great for finding hidden compartments in trucks and cars not to mention the occasional dirt bag. I mean Non Tax Paying Citizen of Questionable Repute. But an awesome price for a pretty slick tool. Not to mention the added benefits of use at home for draft detection etc.

• Like 1

I understand the concern over being only for a specific model of phone, but I imagine the the prices will continue to fall, and I also see that additional companies will figure out how to copy FLIRs... Excuse me, design their own models....