Welding Wood

Javier

If the bond has the same properties as a solid piece it would be better than glue, think of metal welding, you don't glue two pieces of metal. Imaging if your car frame was glued together, it would fall apart just going over a speedbump or dip.

Just imagine the possibilities in woodworking and fine furniture without the need for fasteners

See guys. That's what happens when science gets involved! Ahhh Hah! I've created the perfect bond! Next thing....blam-o! We have..The Fly, only with wood....or Frankenwood! Or Jurassic Wood (actually I create that every morning - never mind wrong forum!)

• Like 2

All I keep thinking is to go out in the garage and light a piece of wood on fire with my propane torch and smash it to another piece in my vise, see if I can "weld" the two pieces together. Sadly, science only ever makes me want to do stupid stuff to see if it'll work. No testing, no science involved, no logic, just stupid human doing stupid thing. Who knows, if I don't burn the house down I might be on to something.

As for keeping it PG...how the heck can a forum based on tools be PG?? You know it's just gonna be fat old bald guys sitting in recliners with beers in their hands talking about tools and stuff. There's gonna be swearing and burping and farting and stuff. We're guys for Pete's sake, this is what we do. Now, where the hell did I put those Slim Jims and pounds of bacon...

Hahahahaha wow. That hurts just thinking about it. I arrested this chick one time and I asked her is she had any tattoos when I was booking her. She was real nice Rochester girl. 35....smokes....A LOT...probably a 40d (mostly fat) you know the kind of girl you want to marry and take home to meet your parents. I ask her and she say "yeah I've got a picture of a mouse on my groin...SEE???? Oops the "kitty" must've ate it. Oh yeah...classy girl that one.

• Like 2