Hilti TE 4-A18 vs. DeWalt DCH213

Moze

Good research damnyankee, clearly the hilti is slightly better. Not worth switching brands with those numbers. The drilling speed will only matter when having to drill tons of holes at a time. For a few holes here and there you can't go wrong with either one.

Thank you, and I agree - not worth switching (or paying $$) for that difference. I sent that back today and will likely pick up the Bosch RHH181.

Almost snagged a 24v Metabo off eBay for $200, but didn't pull the trigger.

Still researching.

Good choice with the Bosch!  I've been using it alot lately, and I think it was well worth the $375 I paid for it.  For the money you paid for the Hilti, and it only drill alittle faster then the Dewalt I think you made a good call returning it.  I want to make a review video of the Bosch your going to buy, but I don't want to turn my driveway in to Swiss cheese.  If you got any questions about the Bosch just ask!

Thanks, I think I'll be happy with the Bosch. 

I'm contemplating getting the RHH180...same as the 181 except it doesn't have the hammer-only feature. I can get a reconditioned one with two batteries and a charger for $299 from CPO or the bare tool for 

Where did you find the 181 for $375? That's a good deal. Amazon is $299 for the bare tool with an L-Boxx, $449 for the tool, two batteries, and the L-Boxx.

• Like 1

http://www.tools-plus.com/bosch-rhh181-01.html

This is where I bought it from, but all I did was google it and searched through the shopping section.  Another difference  between the 180 and the 181, is the 181 has a brushless motor.   

Man, that's a really good deal. 

Everything I've read indicates the 180 has a brushless motor as well. I even called tech support to check and was told the motors are the same.

lol...yeah, it comes with a bag, but for me, that actually works out better. I keep my cordless tools loose in the truck, stashed in various cubby holes, under seats, etc. When I get to a job, I grab my large DeWalt bag and put the various hand tools and cordless tools, etc. that I need in the bag. I have another smaller DeWalt bag that holds my silicone, caulk gun, liquid adhesives, etc. Then I have an even smaller DeWalt bag that I keep my duct tape, masking tape, painters tape, Gorilla tape, and double-sided tape in. I'm sure I'll find a use for the Bosch bag....maybe for recip blades and grinding / cutoff wheels.

• 2 months later...

Most drills are a much of a muchness these days, the only reason I buy Hilti is for the warranty which is incredible, I'm using the tool everyday and so when and if it breaks down I want it back as soon as possible! They normally have it back with my within 2 working days. In the uk the 18v in your review is classed as a 22v and I've got it with the 3.3Ah batteries, I've also got the 36v too and they both still get blown away by the Bosch 36v lol. Dewalt don't have much of a following in the UK for there cordless SDS,s.

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...