Daughter's Loft Bed

dwain

Since this was my first attempt at building anything for INSIDE the house, thought I'd show it off ;)

It's a very small bedroom (hence no photos show the whole thing), so it made sense to give her some space under the bed for a desk and storage etc.

Next step is a matching chair, which I feel quite out of my reckoning for. Might have to use hardwood (gasp!) and learn to use a router and fancy joins (gasp gasp!). 

• Like 1

Ha that reminds me of all the earthquakes weve had here in earthquakeville aka california, I had a bunk bed growing up and was in the top bunk and for some reason earthquakes prefer to come out at night, anyways the added height of a bunk bed always amplifies the fierceness of a quake.

thanks guys, I'm pretty stoked how its turned out, and so is she! I picked up a 3x3 white cube storage unit at Masters (cheating i know) to give her some space to put all her craft/toys.

any suggestions about chair making?

Awesome job Dwaine. Great job on the ladder and angles too! Good luck with the chair, I am going to make some Adirondacks for my future summer time garden project this winter but those are generally a New England outdoor chair and, I might add that'll be my first shot at making a chair.

• 3 weeks later...

progress photo. most of the hard work's done now. Taking SOOOO long ...

New things tried so far:

- Mortise & Tenon

- Dowelling

- Pocket screws (Kreg)

- Japanese Pull Saw (So cool! Who knew I could pull of a straight cut with a hand saw!)

• Like 1