Built in the USA - Pictures!

Gatorb888

This is what Dewalt is really building behind all of the big posters around the factory. I was wondering how many people is Dewalt is employing at that facility if its confidential I understand just curious. I wonder if Milwaukee will move some of their cordless production back to the USA Dewalt fired a pretty large salvo at the power too market with the made in the USA tools. I wonder how Dewalt managed to get the numbers to work for them, from what I have read power tools have pretty thin profit margins.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqvAtDhJRc8

That's true too DR. You'd figure Dewalt and Milwaukee (over here anyways) hold the lion share of power tool sales so one would think they could make it work. I was talking to a couple of guys at work today on storm patrol and a local Made in the USA company in Barrington is opening a big factory right down the road from their main office and expanding its business. I don't work there obviously but that made me pretty happy. Made in the USA by Americans! Plus more jobs, all in all that's pretty sweet. Going back to the OP It will be really cool to see these tool companies with USA on the frames!

Here is the list of items made in the US. All Dewalt Recip Blades, numerous hand tools and storage products, most 7-1/4" - 12" blades.

http://www.toolsofthebrave.com/about

Also, if you're wondering what is behind the large banners, it is our East Coast distribution center. It's a huge building.

It looks like Dewalt is still making new production 18v tools then? Because it seems like the stores have been trying to clear out shelf space for the 20v stuff which makes sense, but Dewalt has so many 18v users though.

Most of my Dewalt cordless line is 18V and I'm not about to switch out all of those tools because they work great and have been very reliable. I'll keep replacing the batteries as needed. 

It looks like Dewalt is still making new production 18v tools then? Because it seems like the stores have been trying to clear out shelf space for the 20v stuff which makes sense, but Dewalt has so many 18v users though.

We have never stopped making 18v tools. In fact, in March we are launching the new 18v grease gun. You may see a lot of retail stores stop carrying 18v and start supporting 20v more but it doesn't mean we stopped making the tool.