Well the New Milwaukee Radio Arrived Today!

DR99

I have to say like the Guys mentioned it is way bigger than you think it is plus its not light either, but it's super easy to pair with bluetooth which is a really awesome feature you can rock out all the jams you like and none of the crap you don't. The only complaint is where they put the battery backup batteries its kinda hard to get to but that is a minor complaint on a really nice jobsite radio

• Like 1

I will say my friend bought the Bosch Power Box and it think its bigger and heavier. I'm going to take it over one of these days to see difference in volume and sound quality. I wonder if Bosch is going to put out an updated Power Box soon.

Hey Javier, I checked over the manufacturer schematics for the the 2445 and there is no listing for a vacuum assembly connection. If you go on Milwaukee Tools site you can pull up the document and drawing. Beats the heck outta me what it's for! Your talking about in the curvature oft eh shoe between it and the anti mark skid plate right? If so it just might be for the bolt assembly and design element. Awesome jig saw though!!!

Yeah I'm talking about that tube? that runs on the shoe from behind the blade to the back of the jigsaw. Its a half circle but essentially it could function as a vacuum port from a technical standpoint, not sure thats its official use or if the curve is merely there for the angles.

Nicholas, its not a blade holder because the two holes stay open but that would be a good idea if I could find a nice looking way to shut both holes

post-22854-0-97786600-1391826549_thumb.jpost-22854-0-95680200-1391826561_thumb.j

My grandpas jigsaw has something like that on the saw itself and I thought it was a vacuum port but it was blade storage so I thought it might be the same thing. I think it might be so debris can get through and not collect where the blade is possibly.

My grandpas jigsaw has something like that on the saw itself and I thought it was a vacuum port but it was blade storage so I thought it might be the same thing. I think it might be so debris can get through and not collect where the blade is possibly.

My first skil jigsaw had the same thing as your grandpas jigsaw, had a cap on the vacuum port and could store all my blades in there when not used as a vacuum port. Unfortunately the m12 doesn't have any caps on it, this would be a perfect time to have a 3d printer and print my own caps and a vacuum adapter to fit the jigsaw

I think it sounds pretty good, but sound quality is so subjective some people are happy with one thing and another thinks it sounds horrible.

I just can't get over the size and heft of the radio it is not on a diet I just can't see were all the weight is on it. They must have some massive magnets for the speakers.

It' does not have the crazy roll cages like the other radio but that black abs plastic around it looks like it could take a beating. I'm not a good person to test durability because I'm not the guy that abuses things. I'm not the most organized but I don't bang thing around or throw things like some guys.

Yeah I can see what you mean about the sound being subjective, I have a home theater surround sound setup and when I first got the m12 radio I was a bit disappointed with the sound but thats only because I'm used to high quality sound, and the more I listened to the little radio, the more I got accustomed to it. Sound is good not great or excellent.

I have a higher expectation of the new m18 radio, my milwaukee rep raved about how it has polk audio speakers, yet there's nothing to support his claim, is there?

Nicholas, I wouldn't look down at the simplistic design of milwaukee radios, like my m12 radio can definitely take a beating even if it doesn't have a traditional ugly looking roll cage. Theres a youtube video on these guys doing some crazy things to the m12 radio dropping it off a tall building, dropping it off their running vehicle and a whole bunch more crazy things yet the little radio takes the beatings like a champ and keeps on working

They might come from the same factory that makes polk audio speakers and oem's for a bunch of other companies. I can't say I have heard that they are Polk Audio speakers from any of the reviews or marketing statements. I would think they would be putting that allover if it was true. Polk Audio isn't a hot audio brand now anyways so why pay extra to use it? It all Beats by Dre, or Jawbone Jam boxes now for the younger generation. The only thing I can think of is that he is confused about an older radio that had rockford fosgate speakers like this one. That radio is 3 generations old now its pre getting bought out by TTI http://www.milwaukeeconnect.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_27_40028_-1_733822_192482_192327