help purchasing a combo kit

useport80

I've got the M18 Sawzall (2620) and the circular saw (2630) (I am going to be hated for this (I am a Milwaukee guy) but I don't like my Sawzall (non brushless). Not a huge amount of power and the shoe is fixed. I had the (I'm going to be hated for this) Makita circular and Recip saw and I liked my Makita Recip saw better (shoe was moveable and plenty of power)....But....every other tool I've had from Milwaukee is better in my opinion. The circular saw however is awesome. It cuts great but does eat batteries pretty quick, as do most cordless saws. I will upgrade my batteries to the 4.0 at some point but I have been saving money for some tools from Festool and truthfully my 3.0 batteries are still top notch. Heck, I've been using my M18 light to take my dog, Rufus the Terrible, out for walks at night as well as it's intended use. The batteries last and last. Regardless, the kit from Milwaukee is a great deal. If you can the circular saw over the Sawzall I'd do that and save up for the Milwaukee Fuel Sawzall. That looks pretty sweet.

• Like 1

Bosch just announced a new heavy duty drill and a heavy duty hammer drill at the world of concrete (HDH182 & DDH182) with a new torque control function. I don't believe these are even out yet, so it makes you wonder how long it's going to be before they release brushless versions if they just announced these updates.

BTW - sorry for not picking up that you had already mentioned the dewalt kit at the beginning of your initial post, I did not scroll all the way up to the top of your post when I was replying.

Well they haven't really released their brushless tools yet everyone is still showing out of stock. And Bosch announced those brushless tools over a year ago.  You might be waiting awhile for the heavy duty Bosch brushless drill. Why all the hate on AMD? They are kind of a joke now but they kicked Intel's ass for a good chunk of the early to mid 2000's. Once Intel releases their core lineup of processors Amd just didn't have anything to compare plus Intel always is in the lead in silicone process technology they have the money to spend on the R&D. I wish Amd was doing better but I went with Intel this time being a gamer it wasn't a tough decision on my latest build.

i wonder when that milwaukee $399 and free saw deal is going to expire. seems like the sale has been going on for awhile. the only reason why i'd pick milwaukee over dewalt is for the multispeed impact driver.

i guess im not the only one who's been anxious about bosch's new products hehe

yeah amd did do well during the early to mid 2000s, but intel has been king for awhile now. and will probably stay on top for a long time.

i've always liked nvidia and had great luck with them. ati's ccc and drivers have been horrible, tho they are improving. im running a radeon 7970 now, hopefully switching back to nvidia soon.

i was thinking about selling my 7970 to a litecoin miner and going team green, but i haven't really done any research on nvidia cards at the moment. 

Lol all this team talk reminds me of those stupid twilight movies and the teenage girls yelling "team Jacob". I remember passing by a theater a few years ago when all the girls were camping out in line. I stopped at the red light at my intersection and as im casually minding my own business some girls started yelling at my car "TEAM JACOB!!!" lol

Anyways I wouldn't touch amd after all the problems I've had with system builds using Athlon processors. Never had a problem with any intel product.

Lol all this team talk reminds me of those stupid twilight movies and the teenage girls yelling "team Jacob". I remember passing by a theater a few years ago when all the girls were camping out in line. I stopped at the red light at my intersection and as im casually minding my own business some girls started yelling at my car "TEAM JACOB!!!" lol

Anyways I wouldn't touch amd after all the problems I've had with system builds using Athlon processors. Never had a problem with any intel product.

haha. after dealing with my friends' overheating amd computers, i dont think i'd ever buy amd cpus.  if i find a legit buyer for my radeon 7970, i'll sell it and get a gtx770 or something comparable. 

I used Amd for years and never had any problems except for a motherboard taking a crap the same thing happened with an Intel system I build too. I just build an Amd system for my aunt that seems do be doing ok she just wanted the cheapest computer I could build and that's what I gave her. I got the cpu motherboard and ram for under 130 bucks its fine for what she does is just web browsing I told her to get an I pad but she didn't want to spend the money an like using a desktop pc.

It is an incredible drill.

The weight the balance as well as the performance. And those cool pack batteries make a formidable package.

I don't see why you need anything else.

Yes it's 4 pole motor is not brushless, but it has more bottom end grunt where us trades need it. :)

• 8 months later...

Not quite sure what you have in mind when you say "combo. kit" not further defined. If you are looking for a drill & impact driver set you might want to check out the Bosch drill & impact driver combo. at Lowes. The Bosch kit number I'm referring to is CLPK234-181. It includes a drill, an impact driver, 2-18v 2.0 Ah Li batteries, a charger, a couple bits, 2 belt hooks, a soft case, and when you send in the registration you get a 3/2 yr. warranty. They are selling them currently for from $179.00 to $199.00. You can find them cheaper on line. Take the online price proof to Lowes and they will match the price and then take off an additional 10%. I just bought that same set from Lowes about a month ago and, so far, I'm happy with it.