First Ryobi tools...

Moze

I have the older "blue" miter saw as well. It has not failed me in the 10 or so years I've had it. I have a Ryobi angle grinder I bought about 12 years ago. I use it on commercial sites all the time. I have seen guys with Metabo and dewalt grinders burn up but mine still keeps going, best $30 I ever spent.

How do you guys who have the miter saw like it? Poison, it seems like you have a lot of hours on yours.. I've always been tempted to buy it. I'm not in the ryobi platform but I can't justify spending 500+ on the cordless makita.. it seems like there would be so many times for non critical stuff when it would be so much more convenient then setting up the corded

For what is is intended for its awesome. It will not do what your 10-12" sliders will but it's not in the same ballpark. That being said though I have done hardwood floor jobs and many trim jobs with it. Take it from room to room and plop it right on the floor. Just make sure you have a quality blade and always have a battery or two charging.

For what is is intended for its awesome. It will not do what your 10-12" sliders will but it's not in the same ballpark. That being said though I have done hardwood floor jobs and many trim jobs with it. Take it from room to room and plop it right on the floor. Just make sure you have a quality blade and always have a battery or two charging.

thats what i figured.. ill keep it on the list for now.     will it cut an accurate, tight miter in something like door casing?

thanks

my father is on the ryobi platform as a painting contractor..

i just bought him the fan and new led worklight.. he seemed pretty excited. they seem like great tools

The hybrid LED is awesome. I had to show some restrain at Depot yesterday and put is down, but I will have one. As for the accuracy of the saw. It cuts casing just fine. You have to take it apart and clean up the base every now and then (year or so depending on jobs) and lube it up. Also make sure to work with a fresh battery, don't try to run it on a dying batt cause it will start to labor and get a little sloppy. I still run old NiCad batts on mine, I need to get it a lithium or two.

• 3 months later...

Tell your wife you'll need one or two more to catch up to me...

12437158625_def6b990f1_b.jpg

The miter saw looks nice, I have the 8 1/4" "blue" miter saw and love it. Every couple of years I have to take it apart and smooth the slide areas out and grease them, and then make sure it's all square, but it's been working great for me since I bought it...which was back in '02 I think. Haven't had a Ryobi tool fail me yet, except for the old "blue" leaf blower. Plastic flywheel broke and I didn't want to replace it with another plastic one so I ditched the whole unit. But, other than that I'm still using the tools I bought way back when without any problems.

8 1/4"? That seems like an odd size. Do you have trouble finding blades for it?

8 1/4"? That seems like an odd size. Do you have trouble finding blades for it?

Not typically, the hard part is remembering the size of it. Every time I want a new blade I have to look at the manual because I forget the size. I don't know how popular the size is, but there's quite a few brands that make it...Dewalt, Diablo, Milwaukee, etc..

The only ryobi tool i will ever own is the air strike and thats still a maybe lol i couldnt see myself posting pics of my ryobi collection.... lol but hey to each the own no hate just an opinion

Sent from my SGH-I337M using Tapatalk

I actually could care less about brand, if it works it works, the name on it doesn't mean squat. Take apart half the tools out there and they'll all have the same motor, gears, chucks, etc.. Brand these days doesn't mean diddly, it's all made by a small handful of manufacturers and branded with whatever name they want.

I actually could care less about brand, if it works it works, the name on it doesn't mean squat. Take apart half the tools out there and they'll all have the same motor, gears, chucks, etc.. Brand these days doesn't mean diddly, it's all made by a small handful of manufacturers and branded with whatever name they want.

I disagree you cant put a ryobi up against a makita, bosch, milwaukee theres no way.... ryobi is a tool you would buy if your in a pinch and you dont care you just need something or your not working construction your just a diyer

Ryobi definitely has its place in the world of tools.. for the money I think their quality is very respectable.. it allows homeowners and non demanding users to get into a massive cordless line that should satisfy most of their needs

See that i agree with it does have its place but you cant compare ryobi to top brand such as bosch milwaukee makita it will never hold up in a tool fight and in long term use but for the average joe and all that there fine

I really can't comment on that but my Airstrike brad nailer is pretty sweet.mid add I've had that nail gun longer than a couple of my M tools that I've had to send back under warranty. A good friend of mine is a pro contractor and all he uses for cordless tools are Ryobis and he swears by them as does my Dad who uses them professionally. Truthfully they might not be premium and have the power of some other lines but they are a respectable brand. I am not a huge fan of the whole line but I do love my nail gun and will ad the finish nail gun soon.

I really can't comment on that but my Airstrike brad nailer is pretty sweet.mid add I've had that nail gun longer than a couple of my M tools that I've had to send back under warranty. A good friend of mine is a pro contractor and all he uses for cordless tools are Ryobis and he swears by them as does my Dad who uses them professionally. Truthfully they might not be premium and have the power of some other lines but they are a respectable brand. I am not a huge fan of the whole line but I do love my nail gun and will ad the finish nail gun soon.

Ya i am considering the air strike but thats all i really want from that line isnt the air strike a finishing nailer already?

Honestly befor i get a bad rap on this form for talking shit about dewalt and ryobi i should explain im just stuck in my ways and i talk my power tools seriously not saying anybody on here doesnt take them seriously lol thats why were here to talk about tools and shit but ya ryobi isnt rhe worst thing out there i mean it is a little better the. Black and decker sooo yaaaa i can see some serious contractors using ryobi just not my self

Ya i am considering the air strike but thats all i really want from that line isnt the air strike a finishing nailer already?

Well the Airstrike nailers are Ryobis branding of their air guns. They have a brad, stapler and two finishing nailers out thus far and my brad is really a nice gun. I am going to be getting the angled finish nailer next though. Stapler at some point too.

As far as your opinion on tools, they're your opinion. I don't get too hopped up about people making fun of my tool lines. Everybody has an opinion dude. And this IS a power tool forum so guys (and gals) take their stuff pretty seriously. Pro or DiYer, hobbiyist and beginners spend a lot of cash on this stuff to improve their home life or work life. That what's so great about this place, everybody has an opinion!

One of my posts shows my shop under renovation. I got some heat because next to my $450 Festool drill is a Black and Decker AutoSense 20v drill. I use that thing all the time. You'd be harder pressed to find a simpler drill for using the Kreg and not overdriving screws.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

The only ryobi tool i will ever own is the air strike and thats still a maybe lol i couldnt see myself posting pics of my ryobi collection.... lol but hey to each the own no hate just an opinion

I started my business with Ryobi. First set was a DIY NiCad 4-5 piece set in the BIG gray case. Drill, recip, vac, light, circ saw, charger and two batteries. I ran that thing til every tool had no life left.

Tell your wife you'll need one or two more to catch up to me...

12437158625_def6b990f1_b.jpg

Ryobi Family Portrait 02 by Ed Durbin (Katodog), on Flickr

The miter saw looks nice, I have the 8 1/4" "blue" miter saw and love it. Every couple of years I have to take it apart and smooth the slide areas out and grease them, and then make sure it's all square, but it's been working great for me since I bought it...which was back in '02 I think. Haven't had a Ryobi tool fail me yet, except for the old "blue" leaf blower. Plastic flywheel broke and I didn't want to replace it with another plastic one so I ditched the whole unit. But, other than that I'm still using the tools I bought way back when without any problems.

I had no idea Ryobi made a lunchbox planer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

I had no idea Ryobi made a lunchbox planer

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

https://www.ryobitools.com/power-tools/products/details/67

I'm really happy with my Dewalt but I almost bought this one. My local HD carried it for quite a while but when I decided to drop the coin they had stopped carrying it. Ryobi still has the machine listed on their website.

I started my business with Ryobi. First set was a DIY NiCad 4-5 piece set in the BIG gray case. Drill, recip, vac, light, circ saw, charger and two batteries. I ran that thing til every tool had no life left.

I still have that big case which contained what were also some of the first cordless tools I'd had. The drill took some abuse before being replaced by a green one and I still use the little circular saw because it's so handy being so small and lightweight. The later addition of lithium batteries really rejuvenated many of those tools. I love the new Airstrike brad nailer and its kinda crazy it's based on such and ancient battery platform. Props to Ryobi for keeping the upgrade path so wide open and seamless over the years.