Miters Stands

Stench818

Is it worth getting a miter stand for my miter saw? Ive been debating whether or not to get one. Ive been lugging around 6x4 table everytime everytime i needed the saw. The only thing holding me back is the price I own a Bosch 5312 and the price for a bosch stand is around 300$. Can anybody tell me from expirience if the extentions and wheels are worth the money.

I have the Bosch gravity rise stand with the same saw and its really nice, but I manged to get it both during a sale where you got the stand free with the purchase of the saw. That Bosch saw is big and heavy I cant imagine using it without my stand. It will take up a lot of space in your pickup bed or trailer though its not a small setup.

I have the Dewalt rolling miter saw stand and I also have their heavy duty stand they both sell for a round $200. They are both nice stands The rolling stand does take up a lot of room but the trade off is that it makes it easy to move it a round. I have cut 2x12 lumber using it with no problem and long as it is on flat ground. 

• 1 month later...

Any stand is worth it. I hate cutting trim while kneeling on the floor. It kills your knees and back. I have the heavy duty dewalt stand and it has been a back saver. I also have the smaller version too. Both are strong and sturdy stands. I also like how they support long material with the extensions. 

• 6 months later...

I have gone back and forth on getting a folding stand with wheels.  I would like being able to fold it up and store it against a wall.  But they are fairly expensive.  Does anyone have info on models that store easy. I have also toyed with building a stand, but have not got that motivated yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...