DeWALT Cordless Multimaster

qadsan

We get good use from our Fein Multimaster.  To me, it's a must have tool and saves us time when installing sliding doors, molding / trim, windows, or when replacing random tiles, or when doing custom wood or tile work, etc.  A number of companies also offer similar tools using oscillation technology including Bosch Multi X, Dremel Multi-Max, Harbor Freight Multi-function Power Tool, Rockwell SoniCrafter, etc.

I would like to see Dewalt enter this market with a high quality 18 volt 'cordless' version of an oscillating tool that offers features such as….

• keyless blade changes

• good LED illumination

• variable speeds

• good ergonomics with a comfort grip

• good selection of high quality durable blades in addition to blade interchangeability with Fein

• low vibration

• good control

• lower noise level (as quiet as possible within reason)

• blower to keep work piece cutting area clean so a user can clearly see their cut & line of work

• vacuum attachment to minimize dust

• high quality kit box designed to safely and securely store the tool charger, batteries & all accessories

• 1 year later...

We get good use from our Fein Multimaster.  To me, it's a must have tool and saves us time when installing sliding doors, molding / trim, windows, or when replacing random tiles, or when doing custom wood or tile work, etc.  A number of companies also offer similar tools using oscillation technology including Bosch Multi X, Dremel Multi-Max, Harbor Freight Multi-function Power Tool, Rockwell SoniCrafter, etc.

I would like to see Dewalt enter this market with a high quality 18 volt 'cordless' version of an oscillating tool that offers features such as….

• keyless blade changes

• good LED illumination

• variable speeds

• good ergonomics with a comfort grip

• good selection of high quality durable blades in addition to blade interchangeability with Fein

• low vibration

• good control

• lower noise level (as quiet as possible within reason)

• blower to keep work piece cutting area clean so a user can clearly see their cut & line of work

• vacuum attachment to minimize dust

• high quality kit box designed to safely and securely store the tool charger, batteries & all accessories

BUMP!

It's long overdue!  I need a multi-function tool and I think I'm gonna have to go with a different brand that offers 18v cordless and hack it's battery case to work with my Dewalt batteries....

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I think I would rather have a corded tool than an 18v one.  I doubt they would put the time into an 18v one since the platform is beginning to age and would rather put the time into a MAX type battery powered tool.  I don't want any more added weight than there is already with these tools, they're not heavy but I don't want them heavy.  I have often found myself using my Rockwell for extended periods of time on certain things and would go through batteries quickly.

And good luck getting it in a case.....the sad trend is towards bags and that's what you'll end up getting.