Dewalt Digital Drill / Driver with Impact Driver and Digital Clutch

qadsan

Panasonic offers a Digital Impact Driver that features adjustable power modes which varies the BPM, a digitally adjustable clutch that stops the driver rotation when the clutch load is reached and a handy one shot impact function that helps to adjust screw heads flush to the material surface by giving 5 impacts before it automatically stops tightening any further even if the trigger switch is still depressed.

I'd like to see DeWALT offer a very powerful compact drill / driver 'WITH' digital impact driving capabilities and a simple User Interface that leaves Panasonic a few steps behind.  Perhaps the drill / driver function could have a digital clutch that allows the user to quickly set their torque in in/lbs or nm or ft/lbs. 

I'd also like to see an adjustable belt clip and user adjustable LED workpiece illumination.  I would also like to see multiple LED's used to better illuminate the work piece all the way around the bit and allow the user to change the aim / direction, the brightness / intensity and amount of LED's they want used.

Archived