A LOOK INSIDE THE HITACHI DC18DL HAMMERDRILL/DRIVER & HXC 3.0ah BATTERY

qadsan

Here are some quick pictures from one of our Hitachi DV18DL hammer drills.  The DV18DL has been around a while.  I did not have time to take this drill completely apart, but you can already see differences between it and the DeWALT DCD950.

Hitachi DV18DL Hammer Drill

Hitachi2.jpg

Hitachi1.jpg

HXP 3 amp hour lithium battery

Hitachi4.jpg

A close up view of the circuit board

Hitachi6.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

WOW!  I just found out that Hitachi is now offering a 10 year warranty on their HXP Lithium Ion Tools!!!  And it's retroactive to tools bought in 2006  :o

I've got a lot of Hitachi tools and that's what we mostly use.  It looks like we're in good shape for while, especially since we supplemented our Hitachi cordless power tools with some Milwaukee, some DeWALT, etc.  Here's the link with more info about the new 10 year warranty that covers most of the cordless HXP power tools.  HXP batteries still have a 2 year warranty.

http://www.lowesforpros.com/sites/default/files/PR_Hitachi_Announces_10Yr_LI_Warranty_1[1]%203-13-09.pdf

10 year warranty on  HXP lithium ion tools starting back in August of 2006.

They include the following tools. Cordless Lithium Ion Driver Drills, Cordless Lithium Ion Hammer Drills, Cordless Lithium Ion Impact Drivers, Cordless Lithium Ion Impact Wrenches, Cordless Lithium Ion Circular Saws, Cordless Lithium Ion Jig Saws, Cordless Lithium Ion Reciprocating Saws and Cordless Lithium Ion Blowers.

Looks like they only offer a 1 year warranty on Cordless Lithium Ion Grinders, Cordless Lithium Ion Rotary Hammers and Cordless Lithium Ion Gas Nailers.

HXP Lithium Ion batteries get a 2 year warranty.

Archived