A LOOK INSIDE THE MILWAUKEE 2601-20 COMPACT DRILL DRIVER!

kanxrus

• 2 years later...

i think you should be able to program and calibrate the electronics to your own specifications, or at least have different levels or 'modes' of interference from the electronics, you should even be allowed to completely switch it off if you want, after all it is your tool.

i mean this for all makes, not just the milwaukee. 

And when the tool fails because you thought that you 18V should be able to run 2 9/16 self feeds on high speed all day long, you will run whining to the manufacture for a replacement telling the whole world about their poor quality.

Some of these tools are implmenting electronics that are too aggressive in my view but I think the market will eventually weed those out. The way I look at it is that the expected warranty cost are built into the price and this should help drive down that cost resulting in a lower price point. I'm sure it's a few "edge case users" who drove the manufactures in this direction.

Modes? are you joking?

i think you should be able to program and calibrate the electronics to your own specifications, or at least have different levels or 'modes' of interference from the electronics, you should even be allowed to completely switch it off if you want, after all it is your tool.

i mean this for all makes, not just the milwaukee. 

The quote below from an Amazon review (DEWALT DWD215G) has stuck in my mind. While correct the handle should not break off, it's not like this guy did not know, and Dewalt makes several drills better designed to run 2 9/16 self-feeding bits all day long. Of course those drills cost more.

I exchanged the drill for a new one, filled out the warranty info and sent it in and I'm hoping for the best. One thing DeWalt has trained me to do is fill out the warranty information cards.

I just broke the handle off the second drill. This one lasted almost a month. A note to Dewalt- 10 amp drills get used to drive hole saws. When using a holesaw one may encounter a nail. When one encounters a nail, the handle shouldn't break off the drill. Lemon yellow piece of crap. Slowly but surely my tools are now more green and blue. Maybe DeWalt is vying to be the next Harbor Freight.

Archived