roof leakage advice

okpermanent

If you're currently dealing with a roof leakage issue in your home, what steps have you taken to identify the source of the leak,

and what repairs have you made to prevent further damage?

Have you attempted any DIY repairs, and if so, what challenges have you encountered?

What advice would you offer to others who are dealing with similar roof leakage issues,

and how have you ensured that your home is protected from the long-term effects of water damage and mold growth?

Additionally, what are some preventative measures that you plan to take to minimize the risk of roof leakage in the future?

On 4/3/2023 at 4:41 AM, okpermanent said:

If you're currently dealing with a roof leakage issue in your home, what steps have you taken to identify the source of the leak,

and what repairs have you made to prevent further damage?

Have you attempted any DIY repairs, and if so, what challenges have you encountered?

What advice would you offer to others who are dealing with similar roof leakage issues,

and how have you ensured that your home is protected from the long-term effects of water damage and mold growth?

what did you say about this company alexandria roof repair

thanks in advance for any help

Yes, immediate action should be taken to identify and resolve the source(s) for the leak(s).

My prior home had an intermittent persistent leak at one specific location.

Roofing companies were brought in an all wanted to replace the entire intact roof just to fix a problem at this one spot that only saw water when when driven at a specific direction, as it was covered under a larger roof.

My solution was to dig out the black roofing tar / cement at that location. I discovered someone had used several tubes of silicone sealant which prevented adhesion of the roofing tar.

All that was removed and replaced w/ fresh roofing tar and it never leaked again.

• 9 months later...
On 4/3/2023 at 10:41 AM, wingless said:

Yes, immediate action should be taken to identify and resolve the source(s) for the leak(s).

My prior home had an intermittent persistent leak at one specific location.

Roofing companies were brought in an all wanted to replace the entire intact roof just to fix a problem at this one spot that only saw water when when driven at a specific direction, as it was covered under a larger roof.

My solution was to dig out the black roofing tar / cement at that location. I discovered someone had used several tubes of silicone sealant which prevented adhesion of the roofing tar.

i got this compay peachtreerestorations.com. need reviews about this company

All that was removed and replaced w/ fresh roofing tar and it never leaked again.

Hello. I have a roof valley that leaks quite badly and would love some advice on fixing this as I plan to have a go myself. Where is the water likely to be coming from and will it help if I replacve the felt underneath on that section. Any advice would be most grateful. Thanks

2 hours ago, sawihel said:

Hello. I have a roof valley that leaks quite badly and would love some advice on fixing this as I plan to have a go myself. Where is the water likely to be coming from and will it help if I replacve the felt underneath on that section. Any advice would be most grateful. Thanks

Welcome to the forum.

My info is at a homeowner level, NOT a roofer.

IMO any / all repairs should be done according to applicable standards and procedures.

As you know the felt is the first layer, so replacing that requires removing all the layers above, extending past the problem area, to maintain proper water shedding.

Also it is likely that the plywood decking in the problem area has been damaged from the leaking, requiring replacement, also extending the area that must be stripped bare.

Additionally, many roofs exist at a high elevation and many are steep, making safety, proper equipment and proper procedures essential. Please DO NOT attempt this repair unless the safety component is completely addressed!

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Ewan.Tooler said:

Inspect for damaged tiles, flashing, or sealant in the roof valley. Clean the area and apply waterproof sealant. Consider replacing worn-out felt for added protection against leaks.

Inspect roof valley for damage. Clean, apply waterproof sealant, and replace worn-out felt to prevent leaks and water damage.

• Like 1