DeWalt Radio

stanon1

Welcome to the Forum Stanon1. That's a nice collection of Dewalt tools! I am going to assume that Dewalt is already month's into a new design for a radio. The charger/radio is a Dewalt patent, and a huge + for that reason! I would assume any new radio in the works would include a XRP Lithium Ion charger capability. Not if, but when they do release a new radio I also hope it is I pod compatible.

My ultimate radio would include great features from all radios. It would have to have good sound like the Milwaukee, GFCI's like the Bosch, and a built in I pod carrier like the Ridgid, and a sleek design much like the Makita white radio. The charger is a must, and it's got to be weather resistant, with a very durable drop shell!

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

Is there a 12 DC input power adapter available for the DeWalt Radio? I'd like to pack it around on our farm's Gator and be able to use the 12 power to power the radio rather than use up my DeWalt batteries. We rely totally on solar power so would like to save my power for other things.

The only way you could do that, that I know of, is to install a power inverter on the Gator (which changes 12v DC to 110v AC).  You would'nt need a very big one as long as your not going to use any of the 3 AC outlets on the side of the radio to run any powertools.  I seen a Black & Decker one at Walmart automotive dept, its 400 watts for around $40, just bolt/screw it onto a panel and wire it in with the included wiring - you dont need a cigerette lighter for this one.

• 4 years later...