What was your first DeWalt Tool? Black & Decker Doesn't Count.

stanon1

My first DeWalt branded tool that I ever bought was an electric mitersaw.  I bought it used from a pawnshop.  It had a particle board cutting base and a button that you pushed to rub against the blade to slow it to a stop.  At that time, it was way ahead of any manufacturer making motorized mitersaws, and looking at my 718 sliding saw, I can tell you, DeWalt still is.

My First Experience with a Dewalt Tool was in High School. Our shop was almost all Makita/Delta. But the school was finding the Makita tools far to expensive. The Dewalt Rep for the area, came by and dropped off a 14.4V Drill, and everyone INSTANTLY began fighting over it. From what I remember, it lasted 2 years of student abuse (which is EXCEPTIONAL). The School went ALL Dewalt just as I was on the way out.

The First Dewalt I ever owned, was my DC988 Hammer Drill, I got it on sale at home depot, and have used it for everything, even drilling 1/2 holes though the frames of trucks to install trailer hitches and shock hoops. Since then, Ive bought nothing but.

My first experience with Dewalt was when I was a junior (1995) in High School. However my first experience takes me far from the shop class.

One day I needed a good corded drill for a deck project, so I went into my local Ace Hardware and had just enough money to buy the DW101 Pistol Grip 3/8" drill. It completed my deck project, lasted through my construction odds and ends, and everything asked of it in between. In fact 2 years after I bought it, I was doing a small tile job for my mother and needed to mix up some mud. All I had was an old 1/2" mud mixer and my Dewalt DW101. I managed to grind down the mixer from 1/2" to 3/8"... yeah I know! I was able to mix up small batches at a time. I completed that job, and in the process managed to nearly kill the drill! That was 12 years ago, never been in for a repair...  the little guy just won't die!

Date on the tool reads 95-12

DW101.jpg

DW101-2.jpg

Yeah! I can relate to the mud mixing, only with a different outcome.  I had a Milwaukee 1/2" Magnum Holeshooter.  I loved the way that drill felt and fit my hand. The long trigger was one thing I really liked.  Anyway, I did the same thing but I had the Magnum smoking and had to replace the brushes and was told that the armature had burned pitting on it. It never smelled right after that either. I traded it off with a Milwaukee saw that had fallen out of favor for a nailgun. ( Yes, I did disclose the shortcomings of the drill before the trade)

• 4 weeks later...

my first Dewalt was a real Dewalt, radial arm saw,  12" still have and use it,

my first Dewalt hand power tool, was probably a 3/8 VS corded drill it may be the DW 101, I do not remember the number it is still in the wood shop,  and not to long after I bought a cored screw driver with the adjustable clutch, bases on the HD 3/8" drill body (this was not the dry wall or deck guns) but a torque sensitive unit,  I would have to go to the shop to get the number.  built a lot of cabinetry with those tools and still ready to work,

Archived