NEW DEWALT COMPACT DRILL DRIVER DCD760KL AND HAMMERDRILL DCD775KL!

kanxrus

LOOKS LIKE DEWALT HAS FINALLY LAUNCHED A NEW COMPACT LITHIUM ION DRILL/DRIVER DCD760KL. THE DRILL LOOKS TO BE ALMOST IDENTICAL TO THE DC720KA, MINUS THE BATTERY. ONCE IT'S LAUNCHED I WILL HAVE A CLOSER LOOK AT THE BATTERY.

DCD760KL_1.gif

HERE IS THE HAMMERDRILL/DRIVER VERSION. DCD775KL.

DCD775KL_1.gif

HERE IS THE COMBO KIT DCK265KL.

DCK265L_K1.gif

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Wow that looks like an awesome new lineup!  :o

I am in the market for my first drill and have been researching and reviewing this site for the in-depth tests. Thank you for all of your hard work testing these drills out. I will primarily be using this drill for home use but I plan on adding an addition to the house and possibly building a deck.

Do you have and specs on the drill yet? Any idea on when it will be released for sale?

Thank you,

Louis

As far as I know the DCD760 is the DC720 with a compact lithium ion battery instead of a compact NiCd battery. Much like the DCD950 and the DCD970. Same drill, different battery sold in the kit. There are no specs out yet on the new battery yet either. Retail is going to be $229, $10 more than the DC720. It should be available sometime in October.

• 1 month later...

Sweet! Are you buying these for work, or around the house? With these new batteries, the compact 18v drill DCD760, weighs in 4ounces lighter than Dewalt's DC730 14.4 compact drill. When you get the kit, make sure charge the batteries up before you use them. I noticed a run time increase after the 3rd - 4th charge. Call it a break in period.

I'll mostly use the combo kit at home, but wanted the drill also for work occasionally, light use stuff. To me buying some extra batteries to have at both places or spares isn't worth what the extra batteries would cost alone, I believe it's better to buy an extra drill kit just to get the batteries; then the drill & charger are extra bonus's, so 1 combo kit, and 1 drill kit for me  ::)

Archived