DEWALTS NEW LITHIUM ION RADIO DC012 FOR 2009!

kanxrus

• 1 month later...

Thanks, I have been seeing more and more radios now offering HD FM, in addition to regular FM & AM reception; they even sell adapters as you may be aware for car radios to add this feature.  Unlike Satellite Radio, no subscription is needed, though you can't drive across the country listening to the same station, because these are just local ground stations.

Thanks

• 4 weeks later...

DC012

Retails for $165

Still not available yet.  I called my local Home Depot & Lowe's stores today, they know nothing about them yet.  My local DeWalt service center guy said that they do have a kit to transform the DC011 to a Nano charger too - bring in your DC011, leave it for a week or so, & get it back..... he said its all for free!

• 5 months later...

I just got my DC012 this evening from Home Depot (HD) for $169.00.  The tool/hardware guy said that their Dewalt rep said that all the HD stores are limited to getting only 1 unit per week for a while for some reason.  Very cool, better sound and BASS then the DC011. 

• 1 month later...

I just got my DC012 this evening from Home Depot (HD) for $169.00.  The tool/hardware guy said that their Dewalt rep said that all the HD stores are limited to getting only 1 unit per week for a while for some reason.  Very cool, better sound and BASS then the DC011. 

The EUR ones comes with USB so you can charge your prefered devices........

• 2 weeks later...

Why a 12v DC plug, and USB port were not included to begin with are mind boggling? With the contractor radio market as diverse as it is I'm surprised more was not put into the DC012. Bosch went a little overboard on their new radio, Milwaukee's bottle opener is a bit quirky. Don't need a Nascar scanner built into my radio. But a few essentials would have been nice The DC012 ipod nest was an after thought at best. I would never put my $300 ipod in that nest out on the jobsite. Theft, the hot sun, and rain are just a few good reasons.

Love the New DC012, just a little disappointed with the lack there of.

Archived