D55141 Compressor- Check valve problem

tonymaio

I have this 2-gallon oil-free compressor, which has had light duty for two years. No problems the first year, but it has started showing signs of problems with the check valve. It gets up to pressure, the pump shuts down, but there is a continuing hissing sound and pressure slowly drops until I rap on the valve. Then the hissing stops and I can use a nailer until the compressor comes on again and the process repeats itself.

I assume the valve is replaceable, but I found a few reviews which mention the same problem, and I don't want to fight a continuing battle with this unit. Any advice?

Dewalt sells thousands of these little units, and if you've only heard a handful of complaints then I would not be overly worried about a future problem. It sounds like your warranty has expired? I would simply order the $14 part and replace it yourself. You may try taking it off and see if there is any debris lodged. Try cleaning it out, that may save you $14.

You may also see pre-mature problems if you do not drain your tank on a regular basis.

Archived