New drill

MajorMagnuM

Hello everyone!

I have been looking around for a Dewalt 36volt drill to match a nano pack that I have. I'm having trouble finding out the difference between the DC900 and the DC901. I was going to buy an 18v SC925L2-GB but having a 36v pack seems a good excuse to go for a really powerful multipurpose drill. Any comments would be much appreciated

I agree, If you already have the battery then you might as well get the bare tool. You can buy a 36v bare drill on ebay for about the same price as a 28 or 18v bare drill. Also 36v batteries are very expensive, so if you have them I'd keep them.

The DC900 is the previous version. The DC901 has a dual clutch ring, updated Rohm chuck, more rubber, and 2.5 ounces lighter. If I were you I would go with the DC901, especially if you plan on using your clutch a lot.

Thanks very much for taking the time to reply to my post!

I went ahead and bought a DC900 (the ad said it was brand new not refurbished) off e bay for 75 pounds. It comes with the black carry case so I'm happy with the price. I should be able to get a charger for around 50 or less if I'm lucky.

Quite excited really as have Been using a bosch 12v nicad for an eternity and plugging in for the tuff stuff! Will let you know if it turns up  :) 

MajorMagnuM

Archived