DEWALT'S NEW MULTI-CHEMISTRY RADIO DC012 AVAILABLE ONLINE DEC 15th!

kanxrus

CHECK THIS OUT!

DEWALT LAUNCHES NEW WORKSITE CHARGER / RADIO New model features enhancements including multi-chemistry charger and improved sound quality

October 2009 - D EWALT, a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools, launches a new worksite charger / radio (DC012) that includes several enhancements to increase performance and meet the needs of professional end users who use their worksite charger / radios daily, including plumbers, electricians, remodelers, HVAC, service and repair contractors, trim installers, and many other trades.

"We were the first to launch the worksite radio category in 1999, and the popularity of the D EWALT charger / radio has continued to grow over the past ten years," said Christine Potter, Director of Marketing for D EWALT. "We're pleased to offer a new best-in-class model that includes innovative advancements such as a multi-chemistry charger for increased jobsite productivity."

With a multi-chemistry charger, the new DC012 is the only heavy-duty jobsite charger / radio in the industry that can charge Ni-Cd and Li-Ion battery packs. Within one hour, the new model can charge any D EWALT 7.2 to 18-volt Ni-Cd or Li-Ion battery (excluding Univolt®), even while the radio is playing. A heavy-duty roll cage protects the unit from damage related to jobsite abuse and ensures that the new models are designed to withstand even the toughest environments.

For increased performance and sound quality, the new AM/FM charger / radio features 4" HD weather resistant speakers, bass ports and a bass boost. The digital tuning feature offers end users better reception, and pre-set memory buttons allow users to program their favorite stations for quick access.

Three AC outlets and an auxiliary input and iPod nest offer maximum versatility.

SPECS:

* Multi-Chemistry charger - will charge NiCd or Lithium

* Will charge 7.2 - 18V batteries when plugged in

* Will play & run on battery

* Blow molded roll cage

* Has 3 AC outlets

* Digital tuning & bass boost

* HD speakers

* iPod nest w/ front accessible aux port

DC012_1.jpg

DC012_F1.jpg

DC012_F3.jpg

DC012_F4.jpg

I sold my Bosch PB10-CD Radio so I could get the new Dewalt DC012. I will see what Lowes price is first before I decide to buy one online. It will be interesting to see what a "I-pod Nest" means? I hope it means that the MP3 player has a cradle in the back battery door, like the Makita BMR-100. Even the new Milwauke M-12 radio has a front MP3 holder built into the front. Much like the Ridgid R4808. Looks like the new Milwaukee M-18 Radio has the same feature.

• 2 weeks later...

A friend of mine had their first generation jobsite radio, the DW911.  It had some pluses over a regular boom box radio.  But had no real features to it, very basic.

I had the 2nd generation, the DC011, a year ago and was not impressed with it.  The bass was too wimpy.  The sound quality was poor.  It did not get very loud.  So after having it a week, I returned it back to Lowes and got my money back.  Maybe my expectations were too high.

I would like to buy this one to try it, but no-one has it in stock yet.  It lists for around $165.  I cant even find it being listed on Dewalt's web site yet.

You will find many pre-release tools on this site, the DC012 radio is no exception. Like yourself I was not a big fan of the previous Dewalt radio's. This new radio has captured my attention, I will be purchasing this item from my big box once it hit's the shelves. Their are a handfull of online retailers trying to take advantage of some pre-release/special order sales. be patient you will see them pop in over the next few weeks.

As far as I have seen, the radio wont be out until Dec 15.  "The DC012 features 3 AC outlets, an iPod nest, an auxiliary port, a roll cage, 8 presets, and a bass boost.  Plus this radio is desinged to charge and run-off of both the Ni-cad and Lithium battery technologies."  Pre-orders only, $169.99

http://www.toolbarn.com/dewalt-dc012.html

• 4 weeks later...

I don't understand why anyone is excited about the new DeWalt DC012?

The ONLY things it offers over the previous model is:

- aux input access/iPod storage on the front of the radio

- 3-way 120V power ports

- Bass boost  (You have no idea how much better it even sounds)

And why didn't DeWalt even bother to try and make this thing LOOK COOL??  It hardly looks any different than the old radio!

On top of all that, you're going to pay $30+ extra??

If I went and bought a cheap Sony radio with the same features, I'd buy a bunch....spray paint them yellow....slap on a DeWalt-looking sticker.....and probably make a fortune by selling them to DeWalt fans.

I think Dewalt is releasing this product 1 month late.  It should have been available for the Christmas rush.  I would rather not order it & have it shipped to my house, I tend to have problems with stuff showing up damaged.  I called my local Home Depot today, the hardware/tool department manager said they will get them in after the first of the year.

• 1 month later...

I got mine 2 weeks ago. What did you want to know?

How do you like it? Is it bigger and heavier than the  dc011 since thats the only one I see on display everwhere. Just trying to compare. Do you like it better than the dc011? I like how it has the 3 outlets on it also do you have some pics of it? Thanks!!

I figured I would buy one when Home Depot got them in.  How is the bass sound?  Is there different levels of bass or is it just an off/on button?  I thought it was to have a dedicated iPod dock?  Does it charge an iPod?  What are the two knobs on top do?  Volume & tone?

There are pretty detailed photo's above that answer just about every question you just asked. The old DC011 had no BASS period. The DC012 has much better sound. There is a button to turn the BASS on/off. No EQ, just on or off. The knobs on the top adjust volume and fine tuning your radio. There is a Aux port on the front of the radio to plug in your MP3 player. If you wanted to charge your MP3 player you would have to have a non USB plug and plug it into the side of the radio. There is no dock, just a "nest" on top of the radio to hold your MP3 player. See photo above.

A few changes worth noting.

The roll cage is a lot more durable than the previous DC011. The DC012 radio is much heavier. The memory battery is a better a better battery rather than the quick dying AA batteries. The reception is slightly better, but not that much better than the DC011.

There are pretty detailed photo's above that answer just about every question you just asked. The old DC011 had no BASS period. The DC012 has much better sound. There is a button to turn the BASS on/off. No EQ, just on or off. The knobs on the top adjust volume and fine tuning your radio. There is a Aux port on the front of the radio to plug in your MP3 player. If you wanted to charge your MP3 player you would have to have a non USB plug and plug it into the side of the radio. There is no dock, just a "nest" on top of the radio to hold your MP3 player. See photo above.

A few changes worth noting.

The roll cage is a lot more durable than the previous DC011. The DC012 radio is much heavier. The memory battery is a better a better battery rather than the quick dying AA batteries. The reception is slightly better, but not that much better than the DC011.

Ok thanks alot for the feedback!!! I really want this just the $160 price tag is steep buy I guess you get what you pay for! Maybe i will be able to fine one on ebay for alil cheaper but as of the pass few days nothing..

Archived