Help me choose a CORDED drill now !!!

Guest Jopopsy

Guest Jopopsy

Okay gang, next on my hitlist is a corded drill.  Intended uses:

A.  Backup to my DCD760 should I ever need it

B.  Bore holes that might make my DCD760 work hard

C.  Mix material like driveway sealer, paint (1 gallon and 5 gallon maybe), etc.

I like the idea of a VSR on my drill - I've only ever used cordless drills so I've gotten used to it.

With that being said should I be looking at the DWD115k or the DWD110K?  (I'm assuming I can do what I need to with a 3/8 chuck - please let me know if I'm wrong).  It looks like both of these are similar with the exception of how you hold them.  The 115 looks like it'd be easier to hold and seems easier to hold when looking at it in the store.  Am I missing something?  Why don't more drills look like the 115?

I have had one of these for 5 years now and it has taken so much abuse and keeps dishing out more power than I need. In fact, I just picked up a 760 and I bought it as the perfect companion to my Ryobi, knowing that the Dewalt will sometimes fall short on power.

http://www.homedepot.com/Tools-Hardware-Power-Tools/Ryobi/h_d1/N-5yc1vZ1xr5ZarfeZ1aw/R-100485417/h_d2/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10051&catalogId=10053

Archived