FAQ - Compact vs. Full Size Drill/Drivers

Guest Jopopsy

• 7 months later...

So I have a question....Do the Dewalt Compact Lithium Ion kits, such as the DCK265L kit, use batteries with NANO technology?  Dewalt talks a lot about the XRP batteries and NANO tech.  However, I "think" the Compact (i.e., less amp hour rating) batteries also use the new Lithium Phosphate batteries from A123.  Anyone know for sure?

It was my understanding that DeWalt did away with the "nano" campaign, and all the larger Li-ion battiers now are "XRP", which I believe are supposed to be better than the original "nano" ones.  I also remember reading about they now have sony or samsung cells instead of the A123 -- correct me if I'm wrong.

The Lithium XRP Battery is still Nano Phosphate by A123 Systems, just re branded it from Nano to XRP. The compact lithium is made by Sony.

Correction- The Lithium XRP battery uses A123, Sony, or Samsung phosphate cells, only the compact Lithium uses Sony.

The Lithium XRP Battery is still Nano Phosphate by A123 Systems, just re branded it from Nano to XRP. The compact lithium is made by Sony.

Correction- The Lithium XRP battery uses A123, Sony, or Samsung phosphate cells, only the compact Lithium uses Sony.

I'm going to assume this is for cost reasons? Put Samsung and Sony cells in drill's and impacts, and A123 in combo kit's and tool's that require a heavier amp draw?

I'm going to assume this is for cost reasons? Put Samsung and Sony cells in drill's and impacts, and A123 in combo kit's and tool's that require a heavier amp draw?

Not really, the packs are not limited to any kits

So the XRP Lithium batteries uses A123 and the compact lithium uses Sony cells? From what you just said the XRP Lithium uses 1 of 3 different types of cells?

Archived