Cordless Jigsaw DC330

charimon

Okey,

I picked this up at my local tool store as a bare tool for $119.  Specifically to cut to length 1x2 and 1x3 exterior trim for replacing windows.  I made a choice to go CORDLESS for this task.  We do about 14 windows a day and i had already went from a DC718 (Heavy 12" scms on a Rigid stand)  to a Makita LS0714 (27#  71/2" Scms) saved 20-30 min in setup, moving, and cleanup, to a Festool Trion, (Awesome, and$$$$ jigsaw) saved 3-5 min per window, to DC330 no more cords ;D .

Well here is the little review I made just for here.

Craig

Next to the Impact's these cordless Jigs are one of my favorite bare tools,nice feel and good heft. I also do alot of blade up cuts and sometimes rig the jig to my jawhorse blade up and do some scrolling. wus with the red? nevermind red devil marks ownership. How do you like the finish nail guns? any good? looks a bit bulky. nice video btw.

Okey,

I picked this up at my local tool store as a bare tool for $119.  Specifically to cut to length 1x2 and 1x3 exterior trim for replacing windows.  I made a choice to go CORDLESS for this task.  We do about 14 windows a day and i had already went from a DC718 (Heavy 12" scms on a Rigid stand)  to a Makita LS0714 (27#  71/2" Scms) saved 20-30 min in setup, moving, and cleanup, to a Festool Trion, (Awesome, and$$$$ jigsaw) saved 3-5 min per window, to DC330 no more cords ;D .

Well here is the little review I made just for here.

Craig

Edge,

I am glad you liked the Video,

I really have been pleasantly surprised about the jigsaw, it has exceeded my expectations in terms of being "handy" which was the reason i purcheded it in the first place. 

The Nail gun Is the reason I went to DeWALT cordless.  They are awesome!!!

Now let me clarify they are awesome when you have to move around a home inside and out to install window trim

Vs pneumatic (no compressor, inside and outside hoses, no setup time)

Vs Impulse (cheaper: to purchase, to run-no gas, dont have to clean, fires in the cold,  the batteries work in other tools)

Vs older Senco (more power, smaller, batteries interchange with other tools)

Now Senco and Bostich (now a sister company to DeWALT) are coming out with a new generation of cordless Trim guns (that are more compact,  have the instant response and feel of pneumatic guns, and cost no more to run)  If they are durable, they will reset the paradigm for professional Trim.  When that happens these Flywheel guns will fade away but they are the Best solution right now.

Craig

Craig,

Appreciate the lowdown on the nailguns, I've been recently looking extensively at the Dewalt cordless nailers. Living out here in Hawaii,there are a lot of homes that are buit on mountain sides...Tons of stairs!!...Just tired of lugging compressor,running xtra long hoses etc. Unfortunately I have not found any place here locally that sells just the bare tool just yet. How are the runtimes on the Nailers with the Nicad's? reason being I only have the new Nano Ions. and also how's the overhead feel and weight? do you use Paslode clips? Thanks

Wayne

• 5 months later...

i purchased one of the nail guns three years ago now and have never looked back

i served my time using the bosses passlode nailer and decided to go with the dewalt one to keep my kit and batteries to the one kind and it has been money well spent ever since

passlode is a nightmare when the pin jams or bends in the shaft but never have this problem with the dewalt

great buy and defo recommend

Archived