Dewalt DC720 or Makita BHP452?

nightmaim

I need to buy a good cordless drill, I can choose between Dewalt DC720 and Makita BHP452, I'm looking for a strong tool, in a matter of durability for multiple tasks. I'm disregarding the battery/charger performance or price because I'll use an almost endless energy source. I know that Makita have a hammer function, does Dewalt DC720 have too?

Thanks in advance  :)

kind of an apples/oranges comparison you have there, as one is a hammerdrill and one isn't.  The compact dewalt hammerdrill is the DCD775 I believe.  Either way, I'm not exactly sure what you're looking for in a drill.  Did you want the hammerdrill function?  Or did you prefer something more compact without the hammerdrill function? Also, if you're going to be using an "almost endless" power source, then why bother with a cordless tool?  The only reason I ask, is because when you buy a cordless drill, you're paying a premium for the battery/charger system that comes with it.  It seems like, if you weren't going to be using that system that you're paying a premium for, then why not just buy a corded drill for half the cost?  As far as the cordless drills go, though, it kind of depends on what you're looking for in a drill.

I looking for a cordless because I didn't found any corded drill that comes with 2-speed transmission, corded drills have variable speed which reduces not only speed, but torque, which would be too bad to tight screws, also, it is very hard to find a corded drill with clutch, so it can damage a screw.

Basically I'm looking for a durable tool, specially the trigger and motor durability, the hammer function is an optional. Probably I'll use only with wood and bolts, not to drill steel or concrete.

Archived