New 18v Lithium Ion DCD760 2.0Ah instead of 1.1Ah?

ejeckert

Was at home depot today and noticed that the new Dewalt DCD760 18v Lithium Ion has a different battery on it.  It looks like it is a 2.0Ah instead of a 1.1Ah.  Did Dewalt scrap the 1.1Ah battery.  The Combo kit looks like it is also 2.0Ah.  Nowhere on the battery does it say 2.0Ah but on the back of the box on the battery specs it says 2.0Ah.  Can anyone else confirm this...did dewalt change to a better lithium battery?

I have not heard anything. Batteries get swapped around on the display's. Flip the battery upside down and see what the WH is. Divide the voltage and you will get the Ah.

The DCD760 comes with 2 DC9191 compact li-ion batteries. WH on the DC9181 is 18.

18 WH / 18v = 1Ah

The nominal voltage is higher than 18v which is where the 1.1Ah comes into account.

I think you probably just misread the box.  I looked on the back of the box my DCD760 came in, and I think I found the part you read, under the kit contents.

DCD760 Compact Drill Driver, 30 Minute Charger (input voltage 120V AC, 60 Hz, 2.0 amps) (2) Batteries and Carrying Case.

Archived