Cordless Tool Indentifier Numbers

dtsman

I am looking at new and used tools trying to put my own kit together. Drills start off with DC or DCD and end with KA or KX. The impacts end with KA, KL, and B. I have looked at Dewalt's website and did not see an explanation for all this. So, what do the D's stand for , what do the K's stand for, etc.?

Thanks for any and all knowledge shared.

Bo

Houston, TX

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry, I can't answer your question, but, I have the same type of issue!

I want to build my own NANO kit.  Where can I find a list of model numbers with the NANO base?  How many tools are available with the 18V NANO systems?  Why isn't there a 9 piece kit available?

Dewalt web-site wasn't any help.  I don't want to start buying NANO only to find out there are only six tools available for example.  Your thoughts?

Mike

Monson, MA

All Dewalt 18v tools will accept the Lithium batteries with the exception of I think 8 tools. That list is on Dewalt's site. What tools are you looking to get, and I can assist you regarding which tools have the nano base. Just remember, that just because  a tool does not have the a lithium base, does not mean it won't accept the lithium battery.

All Dewalt 18v tools will accept the Lithium batteries with the exception of I think 8 tools. That list is on Dewalt's site. What tools are you looking to get, and I can assist you regarding which tools have the nano base. Just remember, that just because  a tool does not have the a lithium base, does not mean it won't accept the lithium battery.

Roger that, I understand.  Honestly, buying new tools, I don't want that dorky look of the LI battery in a old style base.  I don't think I need to spend good money on a flashlight, so, rather than buying the 6 pc kit, I thought I'd just start building my own.  i liked the 9 piece DPAKA?, but, I'm going LI/NANO.  Specificaly , to start I need the model numbers for the nano base versions below. (o.k., want!):

Circular saw

Hammer Drill

Impact driver

Jig saw

Angle grinder

Impact wrench 1/2"

Reciprocating Saw

Drill

Charger and two nano batteries.

I want to price these out via ebay/tool barn ect v.s. the 6 piece kit that doesn't have the Jig Saw.  A list of ALL NANO based 18V bare tools sure would help out!-Mike

Your in luck! Every tool on your list is available with a nano base. Only problem, Dewalt did not make any model number changes for bare tools. The only way to know, is to verify that information from whoever you decide to purchase those items from. It is almost always cheaper to buy tools in a kit. Average bare tool is around $100. $200+ for some. Then you have to buy batteries, a charger, and a bag.

Below are two options, option A is to buy them all as individual bare tools and option B is to buy the lithium 6 kit and add the two saws that the 6 kit is missing. Option B saves you $265 and you get the same products. I am about 99.9% sure that all bare tools and tools in the 6 kit will have the smaller base. Dewalt is changing the design on all of their cordless lineup to the smaller base because off the lithium platform and has been doing so for over a year.

ALL PRICES FROM LOWES.COM

DC330B JIG SAW $129

DC827B IMPACT DRIVER $119

DC385B RECIP SAW $119

DC390B CIRC SAW $119

DC411B ANGLE GRINDER $109

DW059B 1/2" IMPACT DRIVER $149

DCD950B HAMMER DRILL $139

DC9310 BATT CHARGER $69

(2)DC9180 XRP LITHIUM BATT $149

TOTAL=$1,252

OR

DCK675L 6 KIT $739

DC390B CIRC SAW $119

DC330B JIG SAW $129

TOTAL= $987

Bare Tools:

http://www.dewalt.com/promotions/bare-tools.aspx

Wow, thanks to all for the feedback!

Gator, you did all my homework.  Thanks you! 

I'm convinced, buy the 6 piece kit and add the other bare tools as needed.

For the Dewalt team:  You should consider model numbers for all NANO based bare tools.  We'd probably buy more!  Ha, ha! Battery interchangeability feature is awesome.

Seriously though, I work in International sales, but, my company has a 300,000 square foot manufacturing plant.  I'm saturated with builds of materiels, blue prints, maintenance manuals with exploded diagrams and individual part numbers/assembly part numbers ect as part of my job.  Our product has been developed over the last 45 years and many units remain in service.  Cross referencing parts/models is an absolute necessity in my business.  Just a thought! 

-Mike

Below are two options, option A is to buy them all as individual bare tools and option B is to buy the lithium 6 kit and add the two saws that the 6 kit is missing. Option B saves you $265 and you get the same products. I am about 99.9% sure that all bare tools and tools in the 6 kit will have the smaller base. Dewalt is changing the design on all of their cordless lineup to the smaller base because off the lithium platform and has been doing so for over a year.

DC330B JIG SAW $129

DC385B RECIP SAW $119

DC390B CIRC SAW $119

DC9310 BATT CHARGER $69

TOTAL=$1,252

OR

DCK675L 6 KIT $739

DC390B CIRC SAW $119

DC330B JIG SAW $129

TOTAL= $987

Bare Tools:

http://www.dewalt.com/promotions/bare-tools.aspx

DC330B JIG SAW $129

DC385B RECIP SAW $119

DC390B CIRC SAW $119

DC9310 BATT CHARGER $69

TOTAL=$1,252

OR