DW321 jigsaw does not stay straight

DWdiyer

My DW321 Jig saw does not have scrolling capability, but lately the blade turns as I'm cutting.  As there is no scroller knob to control it, the saw is virtually useless.  I have the parts manual, but before I dsassemble it to see what needs to be tightened or replaced to hold the blade true, I thought I'd ask if anyone had this same problem, was it fixable, and what is the fix.

Thanks.

DWdiyer

I just spoke to a service center rep about this issue. Sometimes the blade clamp can get damaged when using orbital action in hard materials like Metal or hard wood, causing this problem. The service center can replace the clamp assembly for you, and that is the only way to fix the problem. They will also be able to tell if the problem was caused by missuse (using orbital action in metal) or if it's a manufacturer defect. That will determine whether it will be covered under the warranty or not. If it isn't under warranty then it should be under $40 to replace the front assembly.

• 2 years later...

I have had the same problem- I am so disgusted with this jigsaw-!! I am off to buy a new one today. I like DeWalt tools, I have so many- I am going to purchase the DeWalt DC330B - I hope that this will be a better jigsaw- I will let you know-

I could never keep the blade to stay in the jigsaw while it was operating, cutting wood- I had the guy at Orchard look at it, my brother, my neighbor- they could not figure out the problem??

• 8 years later...