36V Battery low runtime

tgf

Hello all, this is my first post, I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this so here goes.

I have 2 36V batteries both are over 3 years old.  I have probably charged them in around 60 times each over the 3 years of work.  Both batteries recently started giving very short run times at the same time.  I can make maybe 3 or 4 cross cuts through a 2x12 piece of treated lumber before they are dead.  When I put them on the charger it says they are half full and takes only about 10 minutes to top them off.  Both batteries are doing this.

Could this be a charger problem?  (the charger is not flashing that the battery or charger is bad).

Could this be just two old dying batteries?

Could this be a saw problem such as a short?

If you guys need more info let me know.

Thanks

Hello all, this is my first post, I did a quick search and didn't find anything on this so here goes.

I have 2 36V batteries both are over 3 years old.  I have probably charged them in around 60 times each over the 3 years of work.  Both batteries recently started giving very short run times at the same time.  I can make maybe 3 or 4 cross cuts through a 2x12 piece of treated lumber before they are dead.  When I put them on the charger it says they are half full and takes only about 10 minutes to top them off.  Both batteries are doing this.

Could this be a charger problem?  (the charger is not flashing that the battery or charger is bad).

Could this be just two old dying batteries?

Could this be a saw problem such as a short?

If you guys need more info let me know.

Thanks

Try leaving the battery on the charger over night, this will allow the charger to balance the battery, if after doing so you still experience low run time then battery cell are almost to end of life so it's time to replaced.

Archived