Bit set recommendations

rgray

My son (HVAC apprentice) is buying himself the  DEWALT DCK266L 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Compact 2-Tool Kit (DCD775 1/2-inch compact hammerdrill  and DCF826 Impact Driver).  I want to give him one or more bit sets to get him started and looking for advice.  Some ideas I have are the:

DW2169 38-Piece Impact Driver Ready Accessory Set.

DW5207 7-Piece Premium Percussion Masonry Drill Bit Set

A good basic drill bit set

Any and all thoughts on the above plus additional recommendations are welcome.  Thanks in advance.

Most HVAC guys use impact drivers almost exclusively. The DW2169 would be an excellent choice for a fastener kit, I like the socket set that is included with it.

You've also made an excellent choice on the DW5207 set. I would stick with what you've got.

As far as a good drill bit set, you could go a couple of ways. I like that DEWALT DD5060 10 Piece Impact Drilling Set. It comes with a 1/4" quick connect. You can use them in the impact driver, rather than using a drill. The other set I like is the DEWALT DW2583 Heavy Duty 65 Piece MAC Container Accessory Set. It's got almost everything your after, except for the sockets.

Archived