D55150, 4 gallon air compressor problem

slick8

It's an older model I'm not familiar with. Here are a few suggestions;

See if their is a resetable fuse near the pressure switch.

Check your panel and make sure you didn't pop a breaker.

If the tank is full of pressure, it won't turn on, try draining some air out of it.

If none of those work, you may have to have it looked at?

• 3 years later...

This is an old thread but here goes...  I have exectly the same problem..  Unit was working fine.  I was going on vacation so I unplugged it (something I rarely do) and when I plugged it back in and turned it on... nothing.  My motor reset switch seems slightly different from in the manual; it appears to be a bolt with a number on it and the inner part of the bolt head is loose and giggles.  But it does not go in/out.  Obviously, giggling it does no good.  Power to chord is fine.

How can simply unplugging this and leaving it for a month cause failure?  Any suggestions?  Thanks

Oh my goodness... DeWalt just went from the tool about to be kicked through the goal post of life to THE GREATEST TOOL ON THE FACE OF THE PLANET!!

I would never have guessed that this tank would hold full pressure for over 8 weeks.  But it did!!  All I had to do was blow some crud out of a stuck fitting (releasing some of the tank pressure) and the motor roared to life...  definitely my bad...

I hate to admit it but at my late state of life, MOST things are my bad... :-(