Dewalt DC826 impact driver

roadhog96

I'm not familiar with this tool but from what I've read, it looks to be a tool that can install or remove fasteners much faster than a drill/drive. It has an all metal gear case apparently for more endurance at faster RPM speeds .

Why doesn't this tool have a clutch so there is no chance of over torquing causing breakage and damage to hardware and finishes?

The DCF826 is the same tool as the DC825, and DC827. Impact drivers are primarily dedicated drivers for fasteners. They have amazing control, and versatility. Your less likely to break a screw, or over torque a fastener using an impact driver, than a drill/driver with a clutch. Try one out, they are simply amazing!

An impact is just like a drill/driver only it has higher rpm's, more torque and hits harder. Imagine that you have a wrench on a nut and your hitting it with a hammer to break it loose. That's basically what the impact does, its designed for RAW hard hitting power .

For finishing work you can use something like the DC 610s2 which we reviewed. Unless you want 18volt power then the DCD760k is right up your alley!

The DCF826 is the same tool as the DC825, and DC827. Impact drivers are primarily dedicated drivers for fasteners. They have amazing control, and versatility. Your less likely to break a screw, or over torque a fastener using an impact driver, than a drill/driver with a clutch. Try one out, they are simply amazing!

I don't think I can agree with you on the high lighted statement in red. If you set the clutch properly you cannot damage or break any fasteners, that's the purpose of a clutch. An impact driver without a clutch does not have the ability to stop turning on it's own. It's fully controlled by the user and if the user doesn't let off the trigger fast enough, what happens. It operates at much faster speed and higher torque so your reaction time better be right on. Unless I'm missing something here I can't wait to try one out. I might even learn something.

This is what I'm talking about; http://www.makita.com/en-us/Modules/Tools/ToolDetails.aspx?ID=20206

I agree with you when your using smaller fasteners. I suppose I've come so accustomed to using my Impact for almost every application, I forget that we have specific drivers for each task. Drill/Drivers, ScrewDrivers, Impact Drivers.

I will do a review on the clutch when it becomes available.

Archived