12v max mini recip saw

fairgolfer

Come on! Are you sure only in 2012? Why don't they just take the recip saw 2V Max from Porter Cable and just do it in Dewalt version? They just need to paint it yellow and put the Dewalt sticker.

For one the battery platform is different and they decide to do that the tool will still have to go thru their rigrous testing before it hits the market, so 2012 is a realistic target date

Why don't they just take the recip saw 2V Max from Porter Cable and just do it in Dewalt version? They just need to paint it yellow and put the Dewalt sticker.

Haha, yea right, that will go over well.

Just get some yellow spray paint and you can have a 12v Max recip before everyone else  ;)

Why don't they just take the recip saw 2V Max from Porter Cable and just do it in Dewalt version? They just need to paint it yellow and put the Dewalt sticker.

Haha, yea right, that will go over well.

Just get some yellow spray paint and you can have a 12v Max recip before everyone else  ;)

Ya see how easy it is! Isn't this just the cutest thing you ever saw! A nice Pink Dewalt 12v Max ScrewDriver!

Pink_Dewalt12vMax_Drill.jpg

• 5 months later...

DEWALTDUDE is right, most reps at that level only know rumors of what is in the works for the 12 v MAX line.  And also, there is a lot of secrecy regarding new tool launches, so reps are not allowed to talk about new tools until they have been officially "announced" by the marketing team.

• 2 weeks later...

Re: "secrecy regarding new tool launches"- does secrecy protect a manufacture's new ideas? (I think Dewalt would be the forth or fifth 12v recip saw on the market - not exactly revolutionary) Or does secrecy convey the message that a manufacturer is doing nothing - rather than promoting a team developing new tools? I am pretty sure I could handle the disappointment of a tool not coming to fruition. Don't get me wrong.....I think the 12v max line is the best - that is why I started this topic. I own the drill and every few days I say to myself...I sure could use a SMALL recip saw.

Archived