Dewalt 12v MAX tools..

cashishift

• 1 month later...

Jobsite testing is where cool, and reality separate. In order to spin a profit, tools have to make sense. I would bet Milwaukee has dumped more money into a most of their specialty 12v tools than they have seen come back. I could be wrong, but honestly.... from Concept to Conception, how many people really purchased the heated jacket? I'd say a bust! Sure it's a cool idea, but it won't be around long. That's what upset's people, buy something today.... can't get part's for it tomorrow. The Milwaukee V-18 line is the perfect example.

You may want to check your source on that heated jacket- it has sold well above projections from what I heard! They are a hit, not a bust. :o Would have thought you'd have known that, working for DeWalt and all. V18- definately was not the best set of tools out there, but they at least focus on getting better and mot resting on their laurels. Between them and Makita, they lead in the inovation catagory fo sho!!

I mentioned the word "bet" not exactly science. Also projections don't equal profit, by definition it could be summed up as merely hope. I did however say it was a cool idea..... so was that invention for the sucker that was motorized aka "spin pop:. Made millions for the inventor, but how "cool" is it today? A one hit wonder, that's all I'm saying.

forgive me, I'm no business person but wouldn't a company have a small profit built-in to their initial projections for a project? To exceed those projections would only make said project more profitable?

and could you tell me, what is the point of having the screen on the inspection scope wireless?

Unless someone from Milwaukee actually post's real sales data on this site for a jacket no one really cares about, then I see this argument as silly.

As far as the removable screen goes, it was most likely asked for during R&D aka..... job-site testing. Dewalt would not go to the trouble, nor add the extra expense involved, if it was not asked for, or viewed as a valuable tool to increase job site productivity. I personally think it's a fantastic idea, especially if two people are needed.

Hey, guys- just noticed in lowes today that bosch has a 2 spd pocket driver- is there any hopes of getting the 12v max to have the same (lower spd but more torque) or does it really even matter? They do not have the sweet l.e.d's like the 12v max though.

on a seperate note- will we see a longer running pack for the 12v soon- would be cool to have 1 for not so tight spaces and everyday work- I'm starting to really favor the small guys lately, but want to know if i should wait for a big pack or not. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Nah, The batt's are just fine just the way they are, drills have more than enough power, why add more weight? 3 batt's are all you need all day at best. You are better off settling on the compact 18v once you start think'n more power,longer batt life.

Lithium charges to a "Peak" charge, then dissipates to a nominal charge, and continues to drop slightly until a re-charge is needed. Hot off the charger each cell should be around 4-4.2v depending on cell manufacture. When the cells drop to nominal, they should run between 3.6-3.7v per cell.

That is why the MAX as a Asterisk by it (12v MAX*) The asterisk indicates that this is a Peak voltage, and not the nominal voltage. 

4-4.2v peak off the charger should read 12-12.6v.

3.6-3.7v nominal at the end of the cycle life should read 10.8-11.1v.

There are alway's variables, so reading's could be higher or lower on either spectrum.

• 1 month later...

All very quiet on the 12V Max and new 18V-20V li-ion slide pack cordless drills for 2011?

Where is the news ????.... Sweden & the UK in April........

more power tool toys on the way for the summer of 2011

DeWalt hand tools are taking the spotlight now..as we wait until June to get them at Home Depot...

All very quiet on the 12V Max and new 18V-20V li-ion slide pack cordless drills for 2011?

Where is the news ????.... Sweden & the UK in April........

more power tool toys on the way for the summer of 2011

DeWalt hand tools are taking the spotlight now..as we wait until June to get them at Home Depot...

Where did you get your info with June at Home Depot?

Archived