Well I made the plunge

mynamesdave

and bought the dw718  ;D I got it from HD and while I was there I let the sales guy talk me into getting the Rigid POS stand. This thing is has me so frustrated...it took a while putting it together longer than it really should have. Missing bolts. Then the way the thing is set up you cant clamp the saw to  it. This is the model that has the wheels so you can wheel it around.....had I looked closely at I would have realized the wheels are on the same side as the handles.....ever try to move a wheelbarrow that has no front tire but two tires in the back  ::) Im taking it back in the morning first thing and getting a Dewalt like I should have done in the first place.

On a different note I looked high and low and was about to give up looking for the light that takes the place of the laser. Every place online wanted at least 30. or more.....the last place I went to today and I truly did not expect them to have one not only had one but they  only wanted 19.99  :o;D

oh well enough of my rant sorry folks just feelin a little burned at the moment.

enjoy the day,

Dave

Excellent choice!  And wise decision to return the Rigid stand in favor of the DW723.  Simply having a set of wheels doesn't make your stand portable (caugh caugh, Rigid, caugh caugh)!  And great find on getting the XPS light for such a great price!  Even $30 is a steal, as they usually retail for around $50 or $60.  I got mine for a similar price, but it was because I found it at a remote Home Depot that had never sold through them when Depot decided to stop carrying that accessory.  Now you just need to pick up a DeWalt thin kerf fine finish blade sometime and you will be well on your way to getting some terrific results!

Enjoy your new toy!

Well I took the stand back, the gal in tools was less than pleased as she was going to have to take it all apart again...I did talk to cust srv before going in and they said bring it in as is, therefore not my problem. Kjones just a half a step ahead of you, when I bought the saw I picked up an 80 tooth diablo fread blade, I did alot of research before buying and that is what people were suggesting...get rid of the stock blade and replace with the diablo. Man Im having too much fun, of course the wife is starting to give me the evil eye in regards to spending the money, heheh

Thanks again,

have a great week,

Dave

The Diablo is a great blade, and is available at a lot of locations which is nice.  The only downside that I have to the Diable is that you get a good deal of blade deflection in the middle of your bevel cuts, so the joints don't meet up in the center, but do on the edges of your cut.  The DeWalt precision blades take care of this issue and give you a more "perfect" cut.  Only downside is that they are harder to find.  As Framer mentioned, Lowes does carry a few of them.  Best option is to head to your local DeWalt service center, as they carry the whole line and you can get the tooth count that works best for you.

Great choice on the saw though!  Awesome tool!

Archived