DW744XPRS tablesaw making strange noise

Mr. Yellow

Ok, so I bought theDW744XPRS and have it exactly one week now. A few days ago I noticed a strange noise when the saw is running. To me it does sound like there's something grinding inside. You can clearly hear it when you turn off the saw and it runs free till it stops, but you also hear it when it's running full speed (a bit hard to hear in the attached video)

Maybe I am wrong, but if any of you have a DW744, please tell me if this sound is normal or that I should bring it in for a replacement.

Check the video here.

I haven't done so yet. I'll do that tomorrow. Gearbox or anchor. Must be one of those making that noise.

Normally I would open it up myself and see what's the problem, but since this thing is new and quite expensive (EU) I rather have it repaired under warranty or a replacement than mocking around myself and losing any warranty.

I've contacted DeWALT EU, repair department. They also watched the video but said the noise is nothing out of the ordinary. It's a specific sound of the DW744.

I wonder if it's just a rep or an repairmen who came to that conclusion as it most definitely does not sound right. Everyone who hears the saw running (by standing next to it) says it sounds just wrong.

Luckily DeWALT said I could bring it in either way if I had doubts it needs repair or not.

So I'll just bring it in to make sure.

i have owned the dw744 saw for about 3 years. it is a great saw. the only noise my makes is high pitch motor noise. i recently bought(and brought back) 3 d26453 sanders because they sounded like they were going to fall apart. dewalt told me this was normal. thats a bunch of crap. i have used this same sander from other people on the job site, and they sounded nice  and tight. i think it is a quality control problem that dewalt is admitting to. too bad, because most of my tools are dewalt.

Well, I've heard many saws and this just doesn't sound like the way it should sound.

I must admit that DeWalt Service seems very good so far. It's the first time I actually make use of it.

Returning it for service was arranged today and they are picking up the saw tomorrow.

I won't give up on DeWalt because of this. It happens with any manufacturer at some point.

Some people never deal with faulty products, some do. No reason to change brand. At least not for me.

Archived