difference between tools from different stores

DeWalt50

hi I'm hoping some of you guys here can help me out i am currently thinking in getting a new dewalt 6 piece set  (DCK655X) and have been  in the process of looking at prices from various stores, now i know most stores will not have the same prices exactly but i have been looking around and why is there such a big price difference of tools from big box stores like home depot Lowe's etc and industrial supply stores or tool supply stores such as fastnal or brafasco are the ones from the industrial supply stores built better as they would be pushed harder and used more then someone lets say renovating their house on the weekend. like i called home depot yestarday they said they had it for around $600 then i called Lowe's and they were about a hundred dollars more at around $700 but when i called fastnal today the guy said around $900 so whats the big difference in price? is it worth getting the one from fastnal as it is more money are they more durable ? thanks

As long as the kit has the same model number, the tools are going to be the exact same. DEWALT does not a DCD950 for the big boxes, and a high-end DCD950 for everyone else. That's a logistical nightmare on ordering part's alone. So if the kit, or tool has the same model # it's the same tool no matter where you buy it from.

Home Depot has somewhere around 2000 stores,  Lowes has 1700+ stores in the US. They have massive buying power, and can control their cost a little better than your local mom and pop stores.

yeah i kind of thought it was something like logically if you use common sense but i figured it wouldn't  hurt to ask considering  maybe someone has herd of something along those lines, alot of the thought came from  you get what you pay for but thanks the help is appreciated

Archived