DeWalt D55154 twin stack compresso, building pressure really slow.

Hoogie514

I have a nearly new D55154 wheeled dolly style twin stack compressor, the unit has been used for one roof only.  When I first got it it would pump up initially within 10-15 seconds and recover even faster.  Started it up the other day to do some work and it took a long time , well over a minute to pump up, when I plug in my air line and nailer there is a small leak at the coupler, as there always was and it had never been a problem, the compressor will not even recover in this case.  There is clean oil, clean air filter and no obvious air leaks on the unit itself and I drain it when I use it, any suggestions?  Less than 1 year old and less than probably 5hr use ............

If you are near a DeWALT service center, than take it in to get looked at.  There could be a number of things that have happened, and since you are easily still under warranty, there is no reason not to get it fixed.  If you don't live near a service center, you can try to exchange it where you got it, or call DeWALT and see where the closest certified tool repair shop is to you.

Archived