DEWALT ® Launches Its First-Ever Line of Hand Tools

kanxrus

DEWALT ® Launches Its First-Ever Line of Hand Tools

TOWSON, Md. (April 5, 2011) – DEWALT announced today the launch of its new line of hand tools, which will be available beginning in June 2011. The line includes more than 100 professional-grade products including utility knives, pliers, wrenches, tape measures, hammers, saws, toolboxes and more. Professionals trust DEWALT products because they are optimized to perform tough under real life conditions. Now, for the first time ever, contractors will benefit from a complete line of DEWALT hand tools and storage products that will increase productivity and meet jobsite demands.

“DEWALT is known for manufacturing professional power tools and accessories that are driven by field research and countless conversations with contractors,†said Tracie Gildea, director of global brand marketing. “Our new hand tools are no different. They have been rigorously tested on jobsites across the country and incorporate feedback we’ve received from the people who use these tools every day to earn a living. Based on our research and the testing these products have endured, we are confident DEWALT’s first line of hand tools will live up to even the toughest standards.â€

Among the more than 100 products offered in the line, five of the most innovative tools include a 15 Ounce Framing Hammer (DWHT51138), a 1.25 inch, 25 Foot Short Tape (DWHT33385), a Power Tool Case with Tote (DWST24070), a Folding Retractable Utility Knife (DWHT10035) and multiple Heavy-Duty Adjustable Wrenches.

The framing hammer is the world’s first 15 ounce all-steel MIG Weld framing hammer.  It touts a surprisingly lightweight design, but it can deliver the power to handle almost any professional wood framing applications. This hammer provides contractors with the strength and durability they need to maximize their level of productivity, and it helps to minimize arm fatigue.

The 25 foot short tape helps deliver durability for contractors. A patented technology, using a specially designed 3M Thermoplastic film adhered to the first six inches of the blade, extends the lifespan of the product compared to competitive units without the technology. The new tape was also designed with a durable casing and rubber slide lock that can withstand the daily rigors of jobsite abuse. Additionally, this tape offers 13 feet of standout* and includes an end hook that is larger than traditional end hooks. Both of these features enable professionals to work alone in situations where other tapes fall short.

The power tool case with tote is a two-in-one tool box that provides contractors with a portable storage option for tools and small accessories. This storage solution allows for power tools, hand tools and small parts such as drill bits and nails to be organized in the power tool case. For internal storage customization, the tool case has a removable divider that stores larger items in the bottom of the tote, helping to eliminate the need for multiple tool bags.

The utility knife is one of the first hybrid folding retractable utility knives of its kind, combining the convenience and space savings of a folding knife with the cutting performance of a traditional utility knife to create an all-in-one solution integral to any contractor.

Available in five sizes – 6 inch, 8 inch, 10 inch, 12 inch and 15 inch – the heavy-duty adjustable wrenches offer contractors a solution that can tackle nearly any professional wood framing, decking and plumbing applications.

The adjustable wrenches are stronger than the leading competitor on the market and offer durability that contractors can count on to move from one task to another quickly and efficiently.

Complete with a limited lifetime warranty and a service network unmatched in the industry, the new line of DEWALT hand tools will be available at The Home Depot as well as independent distributors beginning in June 2011.

The five featured products listed above are expected to retail as follows: Folding Retractable Utility Knife ($9.99), 25 Foot Short Tape ($24.99), Power Tool Case with Tote ($25.00), 15 Ounce Framing Hammer ($59.99), and Heavy-Duty Adjustable Wrenches ($10.99 – $34.99).

About DEWALT

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and DEWALT tough.

Summary

DEWALT announced today the launch of its first-ever line of professional-grade hand tools and storage products, designed to meet jobsite demands. Launching in June 2011, the line will encompass over 100 hand tools ranging from utility knives to pliers, wrenches, tape measures, saws, hammers and more.

* Standout claim based on maximum performance.

DWST24010_1.jpg

DWST24010_A3.jpg

DWST24010_A4.jpg

DWHTGroup_No-Tote.jpg

DWHTGroup_Tote-Back.jpg

DWHT70289_1.jpg

DWHT70292_2.jpg

DWHT70294_1.jpg

DWHT10035L_A6.jpg

DWHT51138_A1.jpg

DWHT33385L_A1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

All tools are excellent! Looks so impressive and tough, I like to purchase Folding Retractable Utility Knife and the Hammer. What a useful hammer you people made! I saw at another thread the video of these tools and decided tp bye hammer and knife. Where should I contact you? Is it possible to give some discount on the purchase of more than two hammer.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

From DeWALT's Facebook page :

Fans: stay tuned for the official "online" launch of DEWALT Hand Tools at DEWALT.com. We've been busy preparing a new website to showcase the new and complete line of hand tools launching in June. Stay tuned here and at DEWALT.com for the latest.

• 2 months later...

I still have yet to see these pop up in either Home Depot or Lowe's.

I am not sure when Home Depot is getting them, but I can tell you that Lowes will not.  They have been shipping to independent stores for about a month now, so I can't imagine that HD is too far behind.

I have heard that they have been showing up at some HD stores for a week or so now (maybe more?), but these "new tool" roll out's can take time, so I don't know when your nearest HD will have them.  I would hope that HD can get them out of their distribution centers and out to their stores quickly!  Let us know on here when you find them at your local store.

Well I guess that my local Home Depot (Southside of Indianapolis) has decided to devote an end cap to the launch of these tools instead of putting them in the tool aisles where I had been looking.  I stumbled upon while walking across the whole front of the store whereas I usually stay away from the front if I can.  They had several of the new tools, the hacksaw, 25, 30 and 100' tapes, allen wrench sets, the fold up knife, and a 17 ounce hickory handled hammer.  I looked all over the that nifty looking 15 ounce but it was nowhere to be found, which is disappointing because I would have bought it.  It all seemed to be pretty reasonably priced, which kind of surprised me given the original prices I saw of the 24 and 48 inch levels I bought.

They had a couple of different tool boxes as well, one of them the power tool box from this thread.  I picked up two of them and promptly filled one with all of my drills.  What I did with them can be seen in this thread:

http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,578.0.html

I looked all over the that nifty looking 15 ounce but it was nowhere to be found, which is disappointing because I would have bought it. 

http://dewaltownersgroup.com/index.php/topic,578.0.html

I would assume that the store received all the tools in the same shipment, and that the all steel 15oz hammer did come in then, but in my experience so far, they sell out very fast!  I worked at a sales event today for example, and we sold through all 20 of those hammers in the first two hours of the day.  Keep looking, you'll get your hands on one soon!

D-Dude that display there is at least twice the size of the one that my local HD had.

Hey quick question, the tool boxes on the bottom, I bought two of the ones on the left already and they are great.  But the one on the right, do you think that box would be sufficient to put hold my new 535 saw I just got?  I'm betting the 535 doesn't come with any type of case, and if it comes with a bag it's going to in the trash.  I'd like to put it in something with my blades.

D-Dude that display there is at least twice the size of the one that my local HD had.

Hey quick question, the tool boxes on the bottom, I bought two of the ones on the left already and they are great.  But the one on the right, do you think that box would be sufficient to put hold my new 535 saw I just got?  I'm betting the 535 doesn't come with any type of case, and if it comes with a bag it's going to in the trash.  I'd like to put it in something with my blades.

I don't know about the size of that box, but I can tell you that your DW535 will NOT come with a case or bag.  keep you eye out for the new system of boxes coming out later this year (september I believe).  They are freaking awesome, and come in a variety of sizes.

I think it's got the height to fit the saw. I just don't think it's got the length? How long is your circ?

I'm not sure how long it is.  It is bigger than my old Skil, cuz I stuck it in the same tool box drawer in my garage that I've stored the Skil in forever and it barely closed.  I just wanted something to stick it in to protect it from getting all dusty and dirty while sitting in my van cuz I'm not going to keep it in the drawer anymore....it's always in and out of the drawer anyway....

I think I might just grab one at HD and take it to the circ saws and see if the Rigid WD fits and if it does I'm sure the DeWalt will.

Archived