World’s First 15 Ounce All-Steel, Framing Hammer

kanxrus

World’s First 15 Ounce All-Steel, Framing Hammer Offers a Powerful, Lightweight Solution for Driving and Removing Nails

TOWSON, Md. (April 7, 2011) – DEWALT® announced today the launch of its 15 Ounce Framing Hammer (DWHT51138) as part of its new line of industrial hand tools. Due to its innovative design, this framing hammer (DWHT51138) is lighter and more powerful than conventional framing hammers, offering contractors a solution that can tackle nearly all professional wood framing applications on the jobsite while minimizing arm fatigue.

“Traditionally, hammers as heavy as 28 or even 32 ounces were the industry standard in framing applications; however, the trend is moving toward lighter hand and power tools,†said Ian Harney, global product manager, hammers and demolition tools. “Extensive jobsite research with professionals has led our engineering team to use MIG Weld Technology to match the weight of leading titanium hammers while maintaining the strength and durability that DEWALT end users demand. This innovation delivers the power professionals need to maximize their level of productivity while minimizing arm fatigue.â€

The product also features a magnetic nail holding slot to efficiently set nails which will offer speed and accessibility in hard to reach areas.

Complete with a limited lifetime warranty, this 15 ounce framing hammer will be available at The Home Depot as well as independent distributors beginning in June 2011. The DEWALT 15 Ounce Framing Hammer is expected to retail for approximately $59.99.

About DEWALT

DEWALT is a leading manufacturer of industrial power tools and accessories, including corded and cordless drills, saws, hammers, grinders, routers, planers, plate joiners, sanders, lasers, generators, compressors, nailers, saw blades, metal and masonry drill bits, abrasives, screw driving accessories and more. DEWALT tools can be found nationally and internationally, wherever tools are sold. With more than 1,000 factory-owned and authorized locations, DEWALT has one of the most extensive service and repair networks in North America. For more information, visit www.dewalt.com or follow DEWALT on Facebook and Twitter.

Summary

DEWALT launches the industry’s first 15 ounce all-steel Framing Hammer as part of its new line of hand tools. The DWHT51138 is lighter weight and more powerful than traditional framing hammers, offering contractors a lightweight solution that can handle nearly any professional, residential or commercial wood framing application while minimizing arm fatigue.

DWHT51138_A2.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

crazy!  Where did that come from?  I know that these tools where originally going to be branded as Stanley or Bostitch, but I didn't think that they where going to print both names on them.  Is this a pre-launch pic, or is it actually coming out?

• 2 months later...

where did you buy and how much did you pay;

I´m anxious, going to USA soon for vacation;

how do the display of dewalt tools look in the stores (hand tools)

maybe next time take a picture,

thx

mike

i bought it at my local farm & fleet store.  $50

they just had an end rack set up with a few of the dewalt tools, not the whole lineup.

It's possible Stanley has a stronger brand recognition in Canada, then DeWALT has.

For sure.  I am not questioning the marketing, I just don't want to sound like a "corporate drone"...  ;) 

Just wanted to clarify the picture.  the tool is new, the corporation just decided to launch it in Canada under the Fat Max brand.  Any other countries (according to the product manager, who told me) who receive the tool directly from us, will get it under the DeWALT name.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys please excuse my stupid question but I was wondering what the attraction to this hammer is? Everyone seems really excited about it. Is it just because it is lightweight? Obviously I don't swing a hammer for a living but I am just curious what makes so many people so excited about this one.

Hey guys please excuse my stupid question but I was wondering what the attraction to this hammer is? Everyone seems really excited about it. Is it just because it is lightweight? Obviously I don't swing a hammer for a living but I am just curious what makes so many people so excited about this one.

yes, the light weight is a huge feature.  It is an all steel hammer (better durability), with a 15oz head.  The cool thing about the light weight however, is that it still drives nails as fast as a 22-28oz hammer.  Swinging heavier hammers causes all kinds of problems for framers, as well as just being tiring.

If this the same design as stanley hammer.this hammer have big issue like.One guy at rona returning is hammer because the claw of hammer twisted and one working with me returning is hammer cause the handle just come out of is hammer.I hop dewalt fix this two issue.

If this the same design as stanley hammer.this hammer have big issue like.One guy at rona returning is hammer because the claw of hammer twisted and one working with me returning is hammer cause the handle just come out of is hammer.I hop dewalt fix this two issue.

The hammer IS NOT the same as the stanley hammer.  The only place where this hammer is the same as Stanley is in Canada, where it was branded as Fat Max instead of DeWALT.  Stanley has a similar, all steel anti-vibe hammer, but it is not the same materials, same geometirc design, or weight.

Archived