World’s First 15 Ounce All-Steel, Framing Hammer

kanxrus

That hammer is only available in Canada, which is the one that I was talking about.  So unless your friends got it from Canada, than they don't have the same hammer. 

The branding has all been explained on here many times, so I won't waste my time going into it.

I have a handful of the hammers and have put them through hell, and I have already sold a number of them to commercial construction carpenters, and none of them have had any problems.

I found the hammer in another HD today.  I was quite disappointed to see that it's 60 darn dollars.  I thought everything else was pretty fair priced and I expected the hammer to be about 40 or so, but 60?  I'll pass at that price and I'm betting I'm not the only one that will.  If I can find it for 40 tops I'll buy it, but no more than that.

I found the hammer in another HD today.  I was quite disappointed to see that it's 60 darn dollars.  I thought everything else was pretty fair priced and I expected the hammer to be about 40 or so, but 60?  I'll pass at that price and I'm betting I'm not the only one that will.  If I can find it for 40 tops I'll buy it, but no more than that.

Get the hickory handled 17oz hammer then.  As was said, the 15oz hammer is going after the super premium hammer market, and in that market, it is an absolute steal.  For people that do not want a super premium hammer, they have the option of the hickory handle 17oz hammer, for a lower price tag.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've used several hammers in the past (Stanley, Crafsman, etc) and while I am not a framer, nor do I use a hammer in a professional setting, I can earnestly say, using a lighter weight hammer does make a difference and also doesn't make your arm as tired.

Several years ago, I replaced all the wood surrounding my friend's spa for him and while a heavier hammer do make the job easier, after several hours, was a tad bit tiring.  But this product from Dewalt seems pretty cool, all steel but only 15 oz, but it's as strong as 21 oz hammer, if not slightly heavier.

Considering the average work load for a framer and the fact they use their hammers daily, I can easily see how a lighter that delivers more force would be useful. 

I was hoping for some black friday pricing on it....no go!

Given how crazy Black Friday's have been in the past and present, it would be worth going to store to get this that day.

Although I strongly doubt the average Black Friday shopper would even buy a tool like this, much less even know what it is.  Okay, that was mean, but I don't really mean it in a rude fashion.

But CTDIESEL, have you checked Amazon for this item?  I'll be honest, that is where I get most my new tools these days and the prices are much better than most brick and mortar shops these days. 

• 2 months later...

Are you saying that you know two people who have had issues with the Stanley Mig-Weld hammer, or another kind of Stanley hammer?

I've had issues with mine.

I was given a 15 oz. Fat-Max version, which is exactly the same except for the branding, and within about three weeks, the adhesive within the handle had come loose.

It's an easy fix, I used some super glue, but annoying none the less.

Aside from that, I've had no issues with the hammer and highly recommend it!

Archived