DEWALT's Tough System 4-1

Mr. Yellow

You mean the brackets? There are just a regular accessory and not a spare part.

The modelnr. for these is DWST08212. They are sold in pairs.

I like how universal the cases are.

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a new 125mm grinder.

Modified a small case to carry grinding discs without them being thrown around inside the case.

content

content

You mean the brackets? There are just a regular accessory and not a spare part.

The modelnr. for these is DWST08212. They are sold in pairs.

I like how universal the cases are.

A couple of weeks ago I bought myself a new 125mm grinder.

Modified a small case to carry grinding discs without them being thrown around inside the case.

content

KILLER set up! Love how you put the spikes in for your abrasives!

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks kjones! Having all the abrasives thrown around inside is not what I liked. This is so much better.

Could have done with 2 spikes I think.

As far as the ToughSystem goes. Today I got 2 of the foam inlays.

In EU the modelnr. for these is DWST7-97150. I am not sure if this is designed for all 3 boxes.

It fits perfectly in the DS150 and the modelnumber suggests it's for the DS150 as well.

Should be hitting US soon I think.

Here are some pictures.

content

This is one of them inside a DS150

content

This is 2 of them stacked together inside a DS150

content

Snug fit

content

• 1 month later...

Man these things must be the most delayed product ever!  I've been to many hardware stores and the local big box stores and I still have yet to see these things.  Are they not going to carry them and be just an online online thing or what?  I want to see them in person so I can take display tools and set them inside to steal them......just joking.....I just want to get an idea of various layouts and see exactly what they are capable of holding for me....but that's going to be impossible if the only place I can get them from is Amazon.

• 1 year later...

After reading a ton of reviews and watching the destruction test by the guys at Tools-In-Action I just bought several of these boxes. They are great boxes, well built, stackable, lockable, etc., but DeWalt's designers need to go back to design school! They had the opportunity to make a truly great system with tons of plug-n-play parts that tied into and played well with other great DeWalt products, but the designers didn't have their coffee or the different design teams didn't talk to each other. So I have a few bones to pick (suggestions) for DeWalt.

1) After seeing what Mr. Yellow did for his angle grinder, I thought I would do a similar thing and found that my 4 1/2" angle grinder would not fit in the small box without removing the accessory tray in the lid. "I'll just put it on the lid for the Large or XL." I thought. But the lid on the small cases (DWST08201) have molded screw points to attach the lid mounted accessory tray. Unfortunately both the Large (DWST08203) and XL (DWST08204) boxes are missing these screw points — so the accessory tray can't be installed in them! Surely I am not the only person who has wanted to do this?

IMG_09531_zps43ba17e9.jpg

IMG_09541_zpsce258536.jpg

IMG_09551_zps0ebfa027.jpg

2) The accessory tray is a neat idea, but when they have such a winner with their Tough Cases and the rubber inserts that are part of the Screwdriver Set in a Tough Case (DW2163). Why not make the little rubber inserts for the Tough Case fit the accessory tray in the Tough System boxes? I'm not privy to the sales numbers, but a casual read of the reviews on the Tough Cases and after seeing what some of the guys on this site are doing with their racking systems and customizing their boxes, it looks like there would be a market for these little parts

3) The small case comes with 8 bins (2 large and 6 small) that fit perfectly inside the small box. However, they do not fit inside the Large or XL boxes very well (2 of the smalls must be omitted leaving a 3-3/8" (86mm) gap). I realize that it is due to the reinforcing ribs inside the larger boxes, but some careful design thought could have made them fit and be elegant.

IMG_09561_zpsce473202.jpg

4) Finally, is it possible to get sheets of the 4mm structural foam? I have made some custom inserts out of 1/2" plywood that are functional, but they would look so much better if I could make them out of material that matches the box.

IMG_0951copy_zps76b82fe0.jpg

IMG_0952copy_zps9d023033.jpg

Inserts into a Large to hold my finish nailers, air fittings, and most commonly used nails and staples. (Construction in progress)

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Yes you can. Most of the parts can be ordered seperately.

Partnumber is 1004566-06 for the yellow latch.

See here also http://service.dewalt.co.uk/Products/Documents.aspx?ProductID=9129&DocumentID=34394&size=2&BOMRegionID=1

This is from the DS150, but the same applies to the other 2 boxes.

Every part with a number can be ordered.

E16495.tif.gif

just had to say its these boxes that keep me buying dewalt, i dont see very much difference in the tools themselves, but when im torn between makita bosch or mil, the box always swings it for me. after ten years of buying tools from dewalt it would be a crime to put another brand in the mix now. the only weakness we have found is the side handles, they break and its the box casing instead of the handle that gives up, making it unrepairable. grrr.